RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 2010 Winnebago 40L. . .from Hell !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> 2010 Winnebago 40L. . .from Hell !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Rodz

West Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetartessales wrote:

Rodz:

OUCH. . .axe to grind? I did not and have not embellished one statement.

Yes,every piece of shoe molding from the hall outside the bath on the left side and continuing throughout the coach came loose (away about 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch during the first 2300 mile outing. The warranty write up/repair shows this. As for the shower, in our 08 Fleetwood Discovery, it was set it and forget it. That simple Dry camping running the gen set with basement air on line, refer on LP (12V) Samsung 42" LCD on and three 12v lights. . .shut down on an intermittent basis.

Yes Rodz, all true. Buyers remorse. . .yes, but only because we chose this coach instead of a new Fleetwood Discovery or Entregra single axle.

Rodz. . .why so aggressive with my post? R U a factory employee or Winne dealer? Man up and tell all what is really on your mind ! Others (all others) have posted support and possible fixes. . .

Eric and Anita Clapp

Not aggressive in the least. Your problems just sound a little exagerated. No, I have nothing to do with any MH company. I've owned several brands of MHs over the last 40 yrs. and I have learned to expect things to go wrong.

nemo45

Arlington, WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rodz wrote:

jetartessales wrote:

Rodz:

OUCH. . .axe to grind? I did not and have not embellished one statement.

Yes,every piece of shoe molding from the hall outside the bath on the left side and continuing throughout the coach came loose (away about 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch during the first 2300 mile outing. The warranty write up/repair shows this. As for the shower, in our 08 Fleetwood Discovery, it was set it and forget it. That simple Dry camping running the gen set with basement air on line, refer on LP (12V) Samsung 42" LCD on and three 12v lights. . .shut down on an intermittent basis.

Yes Rodz, all true. Buyers remorse. . .yes, but only because we chose this coach instead of a new Fleetwood Discovery or Entregra single axle.

Rodz. . .why so aggressive with my post? R U a factory employee or Winne dealer? Man up and tell all what is really on your mind ! Others (all others) have posted support and possible fixes. . .

Eric and Anita Clapp

Not aggressive in the least. Your problems just sound a little exagerated. No, I have nothing to do with any MH company. I've owned several brands of MHs over the last 40 yrs. and I have learned to expect things to go wrong.

Ditto to what Rodz says. I've heard guys with fleetwood discovery's crying just like you are. I forgot, I was surprised when my water pump kept cycling when I used the shower. None of my other pumps ever did this. They just kept running until I turned the water off. However, the tempurature dosen't fluctuate unless my DW turns the water on in the kitchen. They told me this cycling is normal. I'm going to replace the pump with a better one anyway. Oh, and I added an accumulator in the line and it still does it. Also, as far as the roof vents are concerned, I'm glad to hear that somebody besides Forest River got some bad vents from their supplier. Same thing happended on mine. The dealer replaced them all.

* This post was last edited 03/23/12 01:53pm by nemo45 *   View edit history

Don Niemeyer
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master T40A
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 Toad

HeresLucy

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I seem to recall the lemon law s applicable to the chassis only. Is the box mounted on the chassis crooked? Is it a Freightliner - if so, take it to Gaffney and have them check for accuracy. I think there are guidelines on how close it must be. If it's way off, then you probably will get more attention from the powers that be @ Winnebago. Freightliner and the tire manufacturer would have issues if it is mounted incorrectly -- wear and tear chassis, tire safety etc. Could a misaligned housing be causing issues with the slides not working properly?

A Tiffin owner had this problem years ago and Tiffin ended up buying it back. You ought to post some pictures so others can see anything you might be missing.

Be sure to document everything. Keep a written audit trail of your appts - communications. Who does what, when.

FL Lemon Law

2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

HeresLucy

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also - seems like you spoke with a V.P once who said give the dealer another chance. Well you have done that, so I'd simply call him back and tell him you need to get the rest of this fixed and would appreciate his help getting a factory app. as he somewhat implied. If he says let's try the dealer route again, I'd simply say that - I have a summary of list of what has been done and the time it has taken and this process is not getting the job done completely or in some cases not resolved. And you'd be happy to forward a copy of that for his review. That you need the Winnebago experts to finish the job. It's a reasonable request. You showed good faith by following his suggestions and now you are looking for the Winnebago factory to finish building your coach to the standards he expects as a leader of the company. You can't be doing all the giving.

Lucy

workhardplayharder

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HeresLucy wrote:

I seem to recall the lemon law s applicable to the chassis only. Is the box mounted on the chassis crooked? Is it a Freightliner - if so, take it to Gaffney and have them check for accuracy. I think there are guidelines on how close it must be. If it's way off, then you probably will get more attention from the powers that be @ Winnebago. Freightliner and the tire manufacturer would have issues if it is mounted incorrectly -- wear and tear chassis, tire safety etc. Could a misaligned housing be causing issues with the slides not working properly?

A Tiffin owner had this problem years ago and Tiffin ended up buying it back. You ought to post some pictures so others can see anything you might be missing.

Be sure to document everything. Keep a written audit trail of your appts - communications. Who does what, when.

FL Lemon Law

Florida Lemon Law only covers the "driving portion" of the coach. The "house" components are not covered.

workhardplayharder

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow Eric I was surprised to see the post reappear and when I did I was hoping to see some resolution. You and I PM’ed last year when I was going through similar issues with Fleetwood/Lazydays. Lazydays and Fleetwood stepped up and I am satisfied with the work. The problems I had with LD was with low level staff and an overwhelmed Service Manager. I went above them to the administrative staff and above the onsite FW representative to the factory. Will Winni let you go to Lazydays? PM me and I can give you the name of the person who was my savior at Lazydays.

HeresLucy

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

workhardplayharder wrote:

HeresLucy wrote:

FL Lemon Law

Florida Lemon Law only covers the "driving portion" of the coach. The "house" components are not covered.

I understand.. I inserted the link to the FL law. But if the box was mounted incorrectly it impacts the chassis/tire performance and you need to use all avenues to plea your case. As soon as you have proof it's off -- the chassis is impacted and your safety as well. You can bet the chassis company will make it clear to the manufacturer they will not be liable. Sometimes all you need is to get things to come from a higher authority to get action.

Now that may not be the issue with this coach -- but this is an example how I would tackle it if it was.

Mike Hohnstein

Germantown, Wi

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry U didn't get a Fleetwood??? That's a howler!! There is something to be said for dealing with and restoring a totally depreciated coach, every time there is a problem, you go look in the mirror. No payments either.

campr-pete1

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/12 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar issue with a water flow issue and I found that it was the outside shower I had left the knobs open and turned the shower off at the shower head this let the cold and hot run together and it was uncontrollable in the coach, I would have it set and it would change to either all cold or all hot and then come right back where I had set it hope this helps

Ault

Fort Walton Beach, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/12 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And here I thought I had the only lemon. My Phaeton had close to 100 issues including the interior ceiling sagging in 9 months. Lazy days fixed all and did it correctly the first time with no repeats, but that 11 Phaeton wore me out.It is now gone!!! Yes, never to to Red Bay again!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> 2010 Winnebago 40L. . .from Hell !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS