RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: OHIO RALLY GROUP 2012 SCHEDULE

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> OHIO RALLY GROUP 2012 SCHEDULE

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 75  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DSteiner51

Wooster, Oh

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 05:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary, take your time backing. It is not as bad as the 'experts.' make it out to be. You are stressing yourself over nothing. Several weekends ago I went to Evergreen and hope to this weekend again.

D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

BlueMaxOhio

North Olmsted, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 06:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DSteiner51 wrote:

Gary, take your time backing. It is not as bad as the 'experts.' make it out to be. You are stressing yourself over nothing. Several weekends ago I went to Evergreen and hope to this weekend again.

Duane, you don't have trouble backing your rig because the horses do all the work!

DAN
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2012 Jeep Liberty Toad
Learn to Start a Heart!

longrider1100

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The seasons are changing. Yesterday morning I was greeted by a loud assembly of spring peepers(frogs) doing guess what....peeping! They were as loud today even with the 21 degree temp. They are cold blooded and can survive temps as low as 8 degrees. They peep to be heard by a potential mate so as you can imagine it's quite competitive.

Also yesterday when daylight arrived I counted over 30 turkey vultures in flight overhead. Today there were well over 50. Those that choose to continue north should make it to Hinkley in time for the celebration. We have seen black vultures around the area most days this winter but they are greatly outnumbered by the recently returned turkey vultures. The easy way to distinguish them is by the color of their head, black head=black vulture and red head=turkey vulture. They like to nest in abandon barns and we have a few around the area. They also like the road killed deer still here.

* This post was edited 03/09/12 02:48pm by longrider1100 *

Time to camp.

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 05:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

longrider1100 wrote:

The seasons are changing. Yesterday morning I was greeted by a loud assembly of spring peepers(frogs) doing guess what....peeping! They were as loud today even with the 21 degree temp. They are cold blooded and can survive temps as low as 8 degrees. They peep to be heard by a potential mate so as you can imagine it's quite competitive.

Also yesterday when daylight arrived I counted over 30 turkey vultures in flight overhead. Today there were well over 50. Those that choose to continue north should make it to Hinkley in time for the celebration. We have seen black vultures around the area most days this winter but they are greatly outnumbered by the recently returned turkey vultures. The easy way to distinguish them is by the color of their head, black head=black vulture and red head=turkey vulture. They like to nest in abandon barns and we have a few around the area. They also like the road killed deer still here.

Wow! And to think all I look for is warmer temperatures.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Randu

South Central Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 05:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This week will be warm up here with 60's everyday in the forecast. Torn between camping or cleanning up the yard. Adding some outlets and lighting in the basement today. Ihave to keep reminding myself that its still early March and winter can come back quickly. Randu

2014 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
LB,4x4,Duramax
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 06:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DSteiner51 wrote:

I am not stressed per say just anxious. I have a CDL and drove big trucks for quite a few years but it has also been quite a few years since I towed something bigger than our 35' travel trailer and that thing backs so easy it almost feels like cheating.
We cant wait for Evergreen. It is one of our favorite destinations.

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 CTD SRW, Pullrite Superglide 18k.
2012 Komfort 3530fbh 5th wheel with Ground Control

ssands

Nerk, Ahia

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/12 05:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garysol wrote:

Well today we did the deed and signed for our new 5th wheel. I must say I was a bit nervous towing home a 40ft 5th wheel after towing around a travel trailer. The size was intimidating but once underway I found it to be a piece of cake. She drove, turned and stopped just perfectly and backing her up was a breeze as well. We did have a pleasant surprise. I am not sure if it was a screw up or a model change but our unit came with the Lippert leveling system and outside stereo for no extra charge. It was supposed to come with power stab jacks and outside stereo was not even available. I am off to bed. It was a looooong day.
Congrats on the new rig Gary.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government
results from too much government."

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
--Thomas Jefferson

Steve,Sharyl and Fritz
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 37G
2009 Saturn Vue

Todd&Bonnie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 05:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

longrider1100 wrote:

Fred, you should work as a naturalist. As always I enjoy your insight.

Todd,SCPO,USN(RET)
Bonnie,DW
Racer,ShihTzu & Stitches,Brussels Griffon
2008 Ford Lariat SuperDuty F350 6.4 PSD 4x4 DRW CrewCab LineX
91 gal aux tank/tool box Firestone Ride Rite airbags
2007 Grand Junction 335TRL, MOR/ryde IS, Disc Brakes, Nev-R-Lube

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well today we did the deed and signed for our new 5th wheel. I must say I was a bit nervous towing home a 40ft 5th wheel after towing around a travel trailer. The size was intimidating but once underway I found it to be a piece of cake. She drove, turned and stopped just perfectly and backing her up was a breeze as well. We did have a pleasant surprise. I am not sure if it was a screw up or a model change but our unit came with the Lippert leveling system and outside stereo for no extra charge. It was supposed to come with power stab jacks and outside stereo was not even available. I am off to bed. It was a looooong day.

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 05:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coldest day on the 10 day forecast is mid 50's. I can deal with that!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 75  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> OHIO RALLY GROUP 2012 SCHEDULE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS