RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Rules for Dry Camping - revisited

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rules for Dry Camping - revisited

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
slickest1

canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/11 10:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just had a good laugh at the op. Years ago we were camping at a lake in BC with another couple their kids and ours. We had a nice spot by the lake and had our boats in the water at the shore. Next day we are out fishing and 2 (get this) American rigs pull in and park right up beside us. There were plenty of other sites close to the lake that were just as nice. So being mild mannered we just left it go until their complaining about my friends dog and the kids started. I can be a nice guy but can be very effective at being ignorant as well. Next day they moved and left the lake. I'm sure they still tell stories about us rotten Canucks. I guess it works the same on both sides of the border.

2000 H.R. Imperial 38wds rr8r roadmaster, isc 350 cummins
2007 Chevy Trailblazer, Blue ox towbar
Ready Brake with breakaway.

MelinProv

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/11 11:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to say its like parking at the supermarket sometimes-no matter where I park even if its 2 times as far from the door when I come back theres 3 or 4 cars next to me and a empty lot around us. some people get it,some dont. and sometimes its a favorite spot and they are compelled to get close to it. and sometimes for security/herding and a dozen other reasons as well.

Western Sky Ranch

Norco, California, U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 01:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last month I took my TC (Truck Camper) to Malibu Creek State Park in the middle of the week for 2 days of R&R and some dry camping. I pulled into the park and realized it was my lucky day. There were probably ten seperate campers in rv's and tents spread out through out the park. No one was directly next to or across from anyone else. I made the loop of the campground and located a perfect spot. No one around,and the closest campers were in a tent five spots away and around a curve. I set up, pulled out my chair and my book,sat down and began reading,I spotted a dear in the woods and squirrels were frolicking around me,the birds were chirping all for about one hour. Then two rv's pulled into the park. They travelled the loop and came right back to me. They were there together and decided to park one rv across from me and the other right next to me. Then the husband and wife in RV #1 started yelling at each other as he backed up into the space. After the parking dance was done the two rv's opened their doors and out came the screaming kids. For the next hour and a half one of the rv's couldn't get their leveling gear down and the two guys were yelling back and forth,"Up a litttle,down a little!" Calling the rental center on cell phones for instructions etc. all at full volume. The stress surrounding these two families was palpable. I quickly lost interest in my book, went inside mixed a martini,lit a cigar and went back out for the rest of the show. I swear I thought It was a gag and any minute someone was going to come up to me and say "Smile your on candid camera!" When it finally settled down,one of the men looked over at me and said, "Did you get all that for You Tube?" I said,"No,but it will make an RV blog I assure you."

2003 Ford F250, Super Crew, 4X4, 6.0 Liter Power Stroke Diesel with a Reese hitch.
2008 Carraige Domani DF300 fifth wheel

***And a 2011, Lance 825 Truck Camper!!***

RALLIES ATTENDED 2

Jim Shoe

Amelia, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/11 11:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always stay at FHU campgrounds and find that the office spreads out the RVs when they can. I've been to a couple that were so busy that it wasn't possible, but they seem to spread them out when not full.
Maybe people take the spot next to you because they, too, like that area because of its proximity to rest rooms, a lake, pretty scenery, etc. Just for drill, pull into what you consider the worst spot in the CG and see if folks still camp next to you when other, more desirable spots are available. Then you'll know its your magnetic personality.
I'm not trying to be a smart a__, it just doesn't bother me. Mostly, I'm there for a night's sleep or visiting some tourist attraction and I'm gone all day. I'll admit that if someone sat down next to me in an empty movie theater I'd be a little freaked. Maybe that's how you feel.

Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Skid Row Joe

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 01:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MopaRV wrote:

OK Folks, it looks like some of you need reminding...

S P R E A D O U T !!

When there are well over 100 other places to park in a lot, BLM, or wherever, don't park right next to me.
1) You are blocking the nice cross breeze I had.
2) I don't want to look out my window as see the broad side of your coach
3) I don't want to breath in your genset fumes.
4) I don't want to hear your dogs/kids/you.
5) Your open/closing(slamming) of doors rattle my walls.
6) You don't HAVE to line up the RVs all in a row.
7) Where's the common sense/common courtesy/common descency.
8) You bought the RV for the freedom and independence, but still have the sheep mentality.

Its happened 3 times already in 2 weeks. I move and I'm victimized again. I sit outside everyday enjoying the nice 95 deg weather, and sure enough, I return from shopping and an RVer parked right next to me WITH SLIDE OUTS. If I wanted to sit outside it would have to be underneath their slideout. My door nearly hit the slideout.

Really people, are you THAT unaware. Is it Canadien Law to crowd other people? Out here in the Southwest, we enjoy our open space...RESPECT THAT.

Be considerate and courteous...its simple rules to live by.
Where are you parking, Walmart? If so, Walmart store's security and management usually herd (if asked) RVs to one area or another.

“I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.”

Skid Row Joe

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 01:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

snowdance wrote:

MopaRV wrote:

Is it Canadien Law to crowd other people?

We had to chuckle at this. We lived on our motorsailer for years. We loved to find some back bay in the Everglades, Fla Keys or Bahamas and anchor up for weeks. And you know the rest of the story. Boat from Canada would come in and always anchored up next to you and their boat hitting yours. Not another boat in the rest of 10 sq. mile bay. We decided they are afraid to be alone. So now you know why they have to camp in your site.
LMAO!

bluck

Silver City, NM 88061 USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i saw a similar post not long ago where they suggested putting an accordian and tamborine on your picnic table. I suppose a drum set would also work.

2004 Chevy.
Duramax-Allison
2004 Thor Mirage
Kawasaki Prarie 700

whiteeye42

Rock Springs Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MopaRV wrote:

OK Folks, it looks like some of you need reminding...

S P R E A D O U T !!

When there are well over 100 other places to park in a lot, BLM, or wherever, don't park right next to me.
1) You are blocking the nice cross breeze I had.
2) I don't want to look out my window as see the broad side of your coach
3) I don't want to breath in your genset fumes.
4) I don't want to hear your dogs/kids/you.
5) Your open/closing(slamming) of doors rattle my walls.
6) You don't HAVE to line up the RVs all in a row.
7) Where's the common sense/common courtesy/common descency.
8) You bought the RV for the freedom and independence, but still have the sheep mentality.

Its happened 3 times already in 2 weeks. I move and I'm victimized again. I sit outside everyday enjoying the nice 95 deg weather, and sure enough, I return from shopping and an RVer parked right next to me WITH SLIDE OUTS. If I wanted to sit outside it would have to be underneath their slideout. My door nearly hit the slideout.

Really people, are you THAT unaware. Is it Canadien Law to crowd other people? Out here in the Southwest, we enjoy our open space...RESPECT THAT.

Be considerate and courteous...its simple rules to live by.

Somebody has the panties in a knot

Me,Wife two boys and three dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

romore wrote:

You having a bad day? What's this about Canadians?

Wow! He must be having a rotten day. The Canadians we've met traveling, camping and snow-birding have been among the nicest most thoughtful and considerate people we've met.

Signed

An old American Granny.......

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

full_mosey

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 07:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wear your t-shirt that says "I failed anger management training".

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rules for Dry Camping - revisited
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS