|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Winnebago View

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/11 09:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ed6713 wrote:

Be sure you press the dealer real hard to prove to you the OCCC of the exact unit you have in mind; options included!!
Mostly they will try to hide this number because it embarrasses them and sometimes leads to a lost sale.

OCCC (Occupant & Cargo Carrying Capacity):
As of June 2, 2008, the Federal DOT mandated a new weight label for motorhomes called the OCCC label. This replaces the previous RVIA CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) label and redefines how it is calcuated. OCCC is defined to be the difference between the motorhome GVWR and its unladen weight (ULW), but it requires that the ULW include a full tank of fuel and propane. Thus the OCCC gives the weight you have available for all passengers, gear, food, clothing, etc., plus any trailer tongue weight carried by the coach.

The weights on the label must be for the particular motorhome, as configured for delivery to the dealer. Further, if the dealer installs additional accessories, he must provide an updated label. This assures the owner knows what he/she is actually getting in terms of carrying capacity.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. No embarrassment. Mine is 1475 lbs.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/11 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Earthroamer82 wrote:

My buddy is fulltime boondocking in his Winnebago View, with his dog...... Tell me you agree he is crazy!!!!!! (He is right beside me right now!)

Lot so folks full time in them. Many do some serious boondocking too and rig their RVs accordingly. The Skinnie Winnie group on Yahoo is a great resource for Views and Navions. Lots of knowledge there.

Westronics

Redmond, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/11 11:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ed6713 wrote:

As of June 2, 2008, the Federal DOT mandated a new weight label for motorhomes called the OCCC label...

See the actual rule here.

I always like to point folks back to the actual source.

This rule seems to address a lot of problems with consumer ignorance over weight issues, but folks still need to read and understand the label!

2002 Jayco Greyhawk 24SS, Camera, ScanGauge, Inverter, Airtabs, Portabote, SeeLevel II, Tireman valves, Xatnrex Battery Monitor, Aero-flo vent, Trik-L-Start, XPS Rib, Chains, Lil' Stanker, Be kind to septic systems Ford: 1-800-444-3311. RV Tires

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Winnebago View
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS