RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Pretend you were gone for a week - how wild would it get?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Pretend you were gone for a week - how wild would it get?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/12 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Umm, yeah, I can tell that you are a generation older than me. My answers would depend on if my DD were home with him or if I had DD with me. If DD were with him, it would be fast food all week. Not much else. If no DD.... well let's just say we have already had a very bad experience with me and DD being gone for 4 days and this behavior will not be repeated or there will be some pretty dire consequences. I believe DH has learned his lesson but still in the dog house a month later.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

StanleyandIris

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 02:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know what I would find.

Mounds of dog hair on the carpets.

A collection of soda cans and garbage on the counter.

2 sinks full of used dishes and an empty dishwasher.

2 trash days came and went but the garbage didn't walk itself to the curb.

A pile of used towels, dirty clothes, all the dishcloths missing and an empty washer and dryer.

Every bathroom destroyed.

No toilet paper.

No food.

Hungry dogs.

All the mail still in the mailbox.

Newspapers on the lawn.

A very cranky spouse and very happy dogs.

Iris

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/28/12 10:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Either I am very different or these women all LIE!!

After a week alone the house would be no different because I am a "neatnik" and do what I can to keep the house clean too. A week alone would make no difference to me. But then, if she is gone for a week ( never has happened ) I would be with her anyway.

Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

Burro

U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My love would have fifteen projects started and none finished. He would eat Cheez-its for breakfast,lunch and dinner, with a side of M&Ms. He would be collapsed on the sofa with the dog crashed out on his lap, her poor disgestive system having visibly protested the weird diet.

I'd better not leave...or take the pooch with me.

PopcornJunkie

Rainy Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StanleyandIris wrote:

I know what I would find.

2 sinks full of used dishes and an empty dishwasher.

Iris

Wow, the dishes actually made it to the sink.

Jean

HeeHawHoney

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 10:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would come home to find:

1. Every towel in the house would be in the bathroom floor.
2. Since he is a very good cook, but doesn't know that you can actually break down bulk quantities into single servings or put away leftovers in the fridge, he and the dog would have put on 20 lbs each.
3. The sink would be full of dirty dishes and the dishwasher would be running with what he considers a full load (4 glasses, 2 plates, and maybe a fork or 2).
4. Conversely, the washing machine would be moaning in distress because he would have packed the clothes in so tight that, what should have been separated into 3 or 4 loads, they all fit into 1 load.
5. The hardwood floors would be mopped and shining because he thinks that the Swiffer Wetjet is the best invention EVER, but every inch of the carpets and rugs would have dirt and bits of grass ground into them because the vacuum cleaner is an invention of the devil.

"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Brett and Tracy and Bella (The Beautiful Bulldog)
My Blog - Alabama Overdrive
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of "The Beautiful Bulldog"
Pic of Brett and Tracy

PUCampin

Castaic

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/12 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both DW and I are pretty competant in domestic activities. If either of us was gone for a week, the pets and kids would be taken care of, we both cook, laundry and dishes would get done. She has occasionally forgotten to put the dog out or feed her because I always do this. The biggest difference would be DW has a higher tollerance to clutter and dust than I do, so there would be less vacuuming and dusting and putting away laundry than if I was home. And the 8 pairs of shoes she rotates throughout the week would all be scattered around (she puts them behind the couch instead of in our room, and then the kids move them around and she wonders why she can't find them). With 3 little ones and both of us working, we just have to accept there will always be some level of dissaray.

2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!)

Me DW and the 3 in 3
DD 2006, DS 2007, DD 2008

DeepLiquid

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/12 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I'm gone, I'd come home to find all the cereal in the house eaten (she doesn't cook).

If she's gone, she'd come home to find chinese take out containers in the trash (when she's gone I take a break from cooking).

Other than that, things would look just the same.

Kampinkate

Upstate NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/12 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow. I married well. I might find some dishes put away in the wrong place and would probably shake my head at the load of laundry in the dryer (like a red sweater with the dog towels and dish cloths).

doublenot7

Clear Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/12 09:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm pretty self-sufficient, if my wife was gone for a week everything would be intact. Now I was gone for 2 years and she held everything together just fine, anything extra she needed done was taken car of by my FIL.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Pretend you were gone for a week - how wild would it get?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS