|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> flojet macerator pumps

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jauguston

Bellingham, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/12 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The inlet end opening of the Flojet is big enough that it is easy to get stuff out of it.

2005 Coachman Sportscoach Elite 402 40'
350hp Cat C-7 w/MP-8
7500w Onan quiet diesel generator
6-Kyocera 130w solar panels SB3024i MPPT controller
Pressure Pro TPMS
1987 Suzuki Samurai tintop Toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel power

Jonny B

Sacramento

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am thinking of getting one and it seems really cool. But my DW does use wet wipes alot and I have two 8 year olds. so I wonder if I should put it off for awhile until I know the kids wont throw stuff in there. thanks for the idea of making my own but I think that is a bit bulky and heavy.

JEBar

Willow Springs, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/12 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we've been using one for about 3 years .... as with most everything I know, there are positives and negatives .... with ours we use Clean Dump RV hoses .... the hoses and maceator pump have been fitted with water hose quick disconnect fittings .... while parked we leave your camper's gray tank valves open, to do so we have to remove the Flojet and connect the Clean Dump hose directly to a garden hose sewer cap via a quick disconnect .... when we are ready to clean the black tank we simply attach the Flojet pump and snap the Clean Dump hose in place .... we have attached a Valterra 45° Clearview Adapter to our Flojet and find that it really helps in knowing what is going on .... when camping in subfreezing temps we go back to the standard 3" hose

Jim

'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

Bob/Olallawa

Kitsap Co, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/12 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only had to use mine twice so far, but if I hadn't had it I would have had to haul two holding tanks full of stuff looking for a dump station. Not sure how the trailer or tanks would have liked that.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

TimLoon

With the 4 Granddaughers in CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/12 07:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We "resided" in my son's yard while between moves and my pump worked great, never a clog. My son had a cleanout for his septic in his garage and this setup pumped the 80 feet without issue. Getting ready to setup the same system at our new house as sometimes it's just not convenient to dump.

2007 Chevy Extended Cab, 4wd,6.0,
2008 Cougar 26RLS X-LITE

BrokenElbow

Valencia, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/12 11:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use ours exclusively. Never have used a slinky. Put Marinco 12v connectors on each side of the 5er with 4 gauge fused connection to batteries. 3/4" hose works great. Boondocking I pump up into a blue tote in the back of the truck, drive to a dump and use gravity to empty the tote with a short slinky and rinse. It's mandatory that everyone knows that nothing but appropriate tp goes into the black or grey tanks or it will clog the mascerator blades (gee..how do I know this?) At home I pump through the hose 30' to a sewer clean out in the floor of my garage.

2011 Montana 3455, MorRyde pin box, TrailerSaver BD3 air hitch, G614 tires, 2x6volt batts, 2 x Honda 2000i, Rotochoks, 6 pnt Levelup, TST TPMS, Arvika bike rack, Voyager Semi Wireless Rear Cam, Flojet Mascerator, 2008 F350 Lariat 6.4L diesel 4x4 SB CC SRW

Alpenliter

Fulltimer: Wherever we are!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/12 11:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're out in the desert here, and the Flojet pumps into the blue boy in the back of my truck. A short trip to the LTVA dump site and the side discharge on my blue boy makes quick work out of a nasty job. I too, use a long needle nose pliers to clean out the hair from the impellers after each use.

My first Wife Linda, 45+years 2004 F-450 CC, DRW 6.0 Classy Chassis Upgrade Bulletproof Diesel upgrades 1997 33' Alpenlite 400 Watts Solar Lifetime Good Sam Member #39644174 Escapees SKP#89882 Vietnam Vet '67-'68 [

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 06:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too have a Flojet and it works great. The only thing I wonder about is how clean the black tank gets when using the Flojet. When using the regular 3 inch hose to dump with, there is the suction effect to pull the debris out of the black tank. When using the Flojet, the debris comes down the pipe and stops at the pump until it's macerated and pumped through the hose. I flush the black tank when possible but we dry camp most of the time.I do flush it real good when we get back home. Maybe somebody has an answer to that.

Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

afrescop

San Antonio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a true story. Last June CW had one of their usual online "sales". I just glanced at the ad like normal until my eyes bugged out. I saw the Flojet macerator pump on sale for $54! Since I was online just as the ad email arrived I jumped online and ordered the Flojet. My wife was very certain the pump would never be shipped for that price. Sure enough, CW changed the ad quickly to $229 but not until after my order had been confirmed. I did get an update that the pump was on back order for two months. Anyway about two weeks after placing the order the pump arrived as advertised. So, for $54 I got a brand new Flojet macerator that is residing in my 5th wheel.
Sorry for being off topic.

chuggs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/12 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pipeman wrote:

I too have a Flojet and it works great. The only thing I wonder about is how clean the black tank gets when using the Flojet. When using the regular 3 inch hose to dump with, there is the suction effect to pull the debris out of the black tank. When using the Flojet, the debris comes down the pipe and stops at the pump until it's macerated and pumped through the hose. I flush the black tank when possible but we dry camp most of the time.I do flush it real good when we get back home. Maybe somebody has an answer to that.

Like any method...it depends on how you do it.

When I'm at home...using the Macerator pump. I usually do it this way...

I connect the water hose to my built-in quickee flush attachment point...and start the rinse water flowing...

I connect my Valterra Hydroflush to the dump outlet on the camper...and attach the Floject Macerator pump to that.

I connect the Macerator output, to my underground pvc pipe that runs to the sewer using a 6 ft jumper that I made from polyethylene tubing...and open the ball valve on the underground pipe terminus to allow fluid to pass...

I plug the macerator into the dedicated 12v receptacle --- that I installed on the frame rail, near the dump handles --- to power the pump.

I push the button and it dumps the tank in short order...

Then I let the sprayer flush the tank and build up a little bit of water depth and repeat. I do this a few times...noting the progress in the clear HYDROFLUSH section (see thru).

Right after I finish pumping out the tank completely again --- I OPEN the grey handle - MOMENTARILY - with the pump NOT running. It backflushes soapy greywater into the black tank...and the flushing action always sucessfully dislodges more goo from the black tank. I pump the black tank out again. If I have a full grey tank --- I can usually repeat this action two more times.

Finish up the black, close the black valve --- allow the quickee flush to put some fresh water in the bottom of the tank...add deodorizer thru the toilet bowl...shutoff the quickee rinser.

Then open the grey valve --- run the pump to empty the grey tank...which will flushes the plumping with soapy grey water. Close the grey valve...pour a little fresh water down the sink, and add lemon scent deodorizer to the grey tank. At this point...I can attach the hose to my Hydroflush...open the valve and start the flowjet to give it and my underground PVC pipe a good freshwater rinse...turn everything off, close the valves, disconnect the pump, hydroflush, etc... Remove any hair wrapped around the impeller with long needle nose pliers, and let the pump air dry a while before returning it to the plastic carry case.

It works like a champ!

Pictures...

This shows the connection (Note: The Camco Dualflush (shown) had a cheap freshwater valve. The plastic knob stripped, making it unusable --- I now use a Valterra Hydroflush, with a 45 degree bend in it (not shown))

This shows the connection from the macerator output to my underground PVC pipe that runs 90 ft underground to our sewer lift station...

Here's the convenient outdoor receptacle that I installed to make connecting the macerator pump and easy chore. If you install a large enough gauge wire/fuse --- you could also run a 12vdc air compressor off this circuit to air up your tires

This is the underground port...need to close the ball valve, and it's ready to cover up.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> flojet macerator pumps
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS