|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oxygenics shower head

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Old Snipe

Full Timer

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 10:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO, they are junk. I had one and it came apart where the hose connects to the flow control valve after six months. There is a little screw that holds it together, but you cannot access the screw because it is inserted before the two halves of the body are glued together.

Took it back to Camping World, they looked up my purchase on their computer because I didn't have a receipt and gave me a new one. Within days, the second one fell apart in the same way as the first. A real piece of garbage.

Best Rgards!

Paul D
2007 Winnebago Journey 39K, Cat C7 350 HP
(aka "R SANITY")
2003 Honda Element 4WD Toad
www.rsanityrvtravels.blogspot.com

bill h

hassayampa valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 10:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chemgoddess1 wrote:

bill h wrote:

Ours has had multiple problems. Latest is the shut off valve does not shut off fully. The whole thing is overpriced, over-hyped, flimsy, low quality junk. I wish we had never bought it.

It is not a shut off valve....

Used to be.

NOTE: Any incorrect spelling is intentional to prevent those annoying popups.

84 Barth 30Tag powered by HT502/Thorley/Weiand etc, Gear Vendors OD.
Siamese Calvin and Airedale Hobbes, 4WD Toyota toad

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 11:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bill h wrote:

Chemgoddess1 wrote:

bill h wrote:

Ours has had multiple problems. Latest is the shut off valve does not shut off fully. The whole thing is overpriced, over-hyped, flimsy, low quality junk. I wish we had never bought it.

It is not a shut off valve....

Used to be.

the Oxygenics handheld showerhead's valve has never been a "shut-off" valve. it slows the water down to a trickle but has never turned it off.
that's why many add a separate shut-off valve.
for us, it's not necessary. we do fine with the trickle.

Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

normared

The State of East Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apologies for late post on this topic - we bought this showerhead last week at Camping World on sale for about $29. The increase in water pressure is nothing short of INCREDIBLE. Bought the lightweigt plastic one for the MH and WILL go back and buy the heavier metal model for the house {upon return in the spring}.

Best thing is with my MH setup I was able to use the original MH hose and the new showerhead went right to it with no problems, and the Oxygenics showerhead fit my original "showerhead hanger" mounting. Didn't use the Oxy parts (hose, washers, fittings, hose hanger) at all. The flow adjustment / shut off valve is a knurled knob that almost completely shuts off the water flow - just as it was designed - and it works just fine. We love it SO FAR.

Full-timer in our Bounder with Jeep Wrangler toad

Jack&Kay

Santa Rosa, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/12 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just ordered the white plastic one last week. I will report on the install and workability on it later.

Jack & Kay
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA
Ford Chassis V-10
Blue Ox Tow Bar to a 94 Honda Accord
FMCA #F341229

HuckFinn410

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This last weekend, I installed the OX shower head and new expandable shower curtain rod that increases the usable space in the shower. Both items are game changers for our shower. Should have done it years ago. In the past, taking a shower in the tiny camper shower was miserable. The water pressure was lousy, the vinyl shower curtain constantly "sucked" into my body...which is a terrible feeling.

With these two improvements, showering in the camper can now rival the pleasant experience of a home shower.

I strongly recommend both products. Also, I did buy the recommended holder...and initially did not install it but it appears that the increased weight of the new shower head may be too much for the original holder. I will install it next weekend.

I'm just excited that it's camping season!

2005 GMC 1500 Sierra Crew Cab Z71 4X4
2005 KZ Frontier 2405

Jack&Kay

Santa Rosa, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today I got the wand holder for the Oxygenics shower head from CW. The problem is I don't have the shower head yet. The paperwork says it's back-ordered to 3/7/09. What does that mean? What should I make of this date?

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also installed the Oxygenics shower head with the holder it is needed because of the extra weight BUT it only comes with one hole for one screw I found that isn't enough so we drilled another hole and attached it that way It really needs two plus some sealer just to make it leak proof.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Recycled El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Too Young to Retire

Sun Diego

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 06:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many shower heads are plastic. That shouldn't be a problem.

Chevy 3500HD Crewcab, SB, Diesel for sale

Jack&Kay

Santa Rosa, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I called CW and they told me the shower head is expected to arrive in their warehouse on May 1st. I then received an e-mail answer to the same question. They said it would ship April 13th. Sounds like a Friday the 13th trick tome.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oxygenics shower head
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS