|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Back-Up Camera

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Kit Carson

Bossier City, La.

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone mounted and used one of the cameras that mounts around the license plate? My 2008 Winnebago Outlook did not come equipped with a camera and I thought about using one of these. I would appreciate any comments anyone may have.

KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

jim1632

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/12 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There have been discussions about these. I recall that a concern exists about how far the wireless signal will transmit. Longer RVs may not have a signal strength that carries from back to the receiver in front.

Crazy Ray

Monroe,La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paul, call RV Cams at 877-378-2267 there in Baton Rouge and I bet they can help you. JMO

RET ARMY 1980,DW Donna,"Tiny" (furkid) . Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford Chassis w/Steer Safe, 4SAMS 6Volts, 525W Solar , TriStar 45 Controller, Yamaha 2400, TOW: Honda CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream". NASCAR FAN 14,18,20,11 LOVE CO & NM

micpib1

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you purchase one, don't try the wireless ones, mine would only work the first time to place the transmission in reverse and required a restart to work again. The license plate location actually worked very well for backing and hooking up my trailers. When I get back from Hawaii, I can check the brand I purchased and let you know if needed, I will check this thread again when I get home. JH

HEMIDAZE

Amelia, OH

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a wireless one and took it back. Weak signal. I replaced it with one of THESE Very happy with it

2002 Jayco Greyhawk 31RB
2011 HHR (picture coming)

Hudsoner

Hudson

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed one of these cameras at the front of my MH to see what is there. I have almost 10 feet of blind area in the front, with the camera in place I can see everything up to my bumper. It works pretty well for me, but the transmission distance is rather short.

bluegrass-girl

Millersville PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 07:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the Rear View Safety (not wireless)a real problem to install? I looked at the Amazon site and some installers said it was easy, some said difficult. I'd be putting it in a 24' Born Free. Any suggestions?

bluegrass-girl

Millersville PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 06:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HEMIDAZE, I just purchased an RV and was planning to have the camera you used installed. I gave the dealer the information and got a call back from them - they said it's for a CAR and can't be installed in an RV! Does this make any sense? Sounds like yours works fine.

Seattle Steve

Pacific NW

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hudsoner wrote:

I installed one of these cameras at the front of my MH to see what is there. I have almost 10 feet of blind area in the front, with the camera in place I can see everything up to my bumper. It works pretty well for me, but the transmission distance is rather short.

I have a red mark on my forehead where I just slapped it. What a great idea!

Kit Carson

Bossier City, La.

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 05:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My motorhome is a 29' Winnebago Class C. I don't think that would be a problem as far as transmission distance. I think I will give it a try and if it don't work properly I will call RV Cams and talk with them.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Back-Up Camera
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS