|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Allure flooring

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of my projects for this summer was going to be pulling out the carpet in the motorhome and installing Pergo flooring. However, I just found out about Allure Flooring at Home Depot. I can see a lot of advantages to this flooring over Pergo and sure does look like it would be a whole lot easier to install. It cuts with a razor knife versus a wood saw and the pieces simply stick together. It appears to be just as durable as Pergo and if you get tired of it it looks like it would be fairly easy to pull it out and put in something different. And it's about a buck a SF cheaper than Pergo, but for a motorhome size install the cost isn't really that big a factor to me. The ease of install is and the fact that this stuff is waterproof looks really nice. Unlike Pergo that may be ruined if you get too much water on it.

Anybody installed this yet in a motorhome?

2004 National Tropi-Cal T-350, Class A, Triple slide, 330 HP Cat DP.
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are tons of people that have done exactly what you are thinking of doing. Just do a quick search and it will keep you busy reading for a few days.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 06:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know, I only started a new thread because I was told that this was a "new" product that Home Depot just started carrying. I assume since it was new there wouldn't be too much on here. But I took your advice and did a search and I do see it already mentioned including one person who said he installed it two years ago. I guess it isn't as new as I was led to believe. That's actually a good thing because now I can check with people who have had it installed for a few years and see how it's holding up.

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best of luck. From what I have read in the past, it is a good product well suited for our use (RV).

donhoward49

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed it in my house four years ago.. liked it. I started with pergo and it is very unforgiving in corners and angles. At least for a non professional. Allure was so much easier to put down. I also plan to rip out my motor home carpet and do the allure this year.

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is how to do it!! This was in our '99 Hurricane with no slides.

Allure floor

Noel and Betty Johnson
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife

uterep

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is my post from last year

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24902898/gotomsg/24903638.cfm#24903638

Yaj

The Milky Way Galaxy (Hartford, WI)

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This will be our third summer on our install. It still looks great and was very easy to install.

1996 HR Endeavor LE,Cummins 5.9 230hp, Allison 3060,
Front-Yamaha Enduro, Rear-Honda Helix Geeser Cruiser, 2 bikes,
22ft 1977 Cruiser in tow.
1 DW, 2 kids.
1 old dog, 1 fat cat.
I wasn't thinking this far ahead!

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donhoward49 wrote:

I installed it in my house four years ago.. liked it. I started with pergo and it is very unforgiving in corners and angles. At least for a non professional. Allure was so much easier to put down. I also plan to rip out my motor home carpet and do the allure this year.

I did the entire first floor of my 2500 sf house in Pergo all by myself a couple of years back. Talk about one heck of a massive project. If I had known how hard it was going to be I would have hired somebody. And by hard I don't mean difficult, just lots of hard work and lots of time spent on the knees. This Allure looks like it also requires a lot of knee time, but at least it doesn't require a mallet and tools to get the pieces to lock together. I may do the second floor in Allure.

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/12 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was just looking through the install instructions on the Home Depot website and found this:

"Allure is for interior installations and only in temperature controlled environments. You can not install Allure in Solariums/Sunrooms, over Carpets, or any Exterior Application including seasonal porches, camping trailers and boats."

Now it doesn't say Class A motorhomes, but it does say camping trailers. I assume they say this because most people don't keep the heat and/or AC on when the RV is in storage. Seems like the Allure people are saying their product doesn't work well if installed in a place that may get extreme temps. Any of you people that have installed this stuff seen any problems from the RV being in storage and getting really hot or really cold? My RV is stored in California so the interior doesn't get any really extreme temps when in storage, but I would imagine it could range from freezing to 100 degrees depending on the time of the year.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Allure flooring
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS