|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Extra Charges at Florida RV Snowbird Park

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Tripalot

Golden Horseshoe, Ont. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 05:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This morning we checked out of the park we had been at for a month. We knew we had to pay our electric bill based on our meter reading. What was a surprise was the extra charge of $9.75 we had to pay for them reading the meter and preparing the bill. Seemed like a rip-off to us and another "Florida surprise". Anyone else run across this?

2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
Fiat Abarth, fast little car, great gas mileage - hardly know its there
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

bfast54

Traverse City ,Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If there was no mention of it while checking in, or in a PRINTED lease...I would have inquired about it.....................before paying .......but, that is me .

2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2000 Cardinal 27RK LX
Prodigy Brake Controller
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 1300 /GPS
Doran Pressure Pro
VU Qube Satelite
Rally's attended so far-21
My Blog
Good Sam Member

luvmywestie

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got a surprise 8.50 for the same thing here in AZ. Apparently they have found a new way to raise the rent!

Steeljag

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That extra .30 cents a day for warm weather is more than likely worth it ! If it wasn't it ........find another place where your happy !

2010 Flagstaff 26RLS
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
2006 Toyota Tundra D/C (sold)
The whole family,
Cold ones in the cooler, good times ahead.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you OFFER to read the meeter for them (for free)

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Tripalot

Golden Horseshoe, Ont. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skipnchar wrote:

Yes, we did read the meter when we arrived and I also read it when we pulled out today. We stopped at the office to pay our bill and the invoice was all made out ready for us. The KW hours used was a little less than my calculations, but that was probably because they had to read the meter a couple of days ago in order to prepare the invoice.

The park we usually stay at in Texas takes your word for the amount used and would multiply the usage by the current KW rate. I guess I expected most parks to operate this way. Live and learn - this latest park had some different ways of doing things. No, we don't plan to return.

Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like the way our utility companys are going. Customer charge, delivery charge, statement processing charge. Our electric and natural gas charges are about $30.00 every month before we start paying for the product (electricity or gas). That way they can say low charges for the energy and still make lots of money.

Beverley and Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a ripoff to me too. But for that small amount, probably nobody will take them to small claims court and everybody will return next winter. Of course, next year they may take extra long showers in the bath house, or steal toilet paper. Please consider posting this nonsense charge in RV Park Reviews

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

63-Coupe

Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 09:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tripalot wrote:

skipnchar wrote:

Yes, we did read the meter when we arrived and I also read it when we pulled out today. We stopped at the office to pay our bill and the invoice was all made out ready for us. The KW hours used was a little less than my calculations, but that was probably because they had to read the meter a couple of days ago in order to prepare the invoice.

The park we usually stay at in Texas takes your word for the amount used and would multiply the usage by the current KW rate. I guess I expected most parks to operate this way. Live and learn - this latest park had some different ways of doing things. No, we don't plan to return.

Since you read the meter twice and the going rate seems to be $9.75 per read I would send them an invoice for $19.50 for the two times you did it for them. What the heck add a $.50 administration fee and make it an even $20.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

63-Coupe wrote:

Tripalot wrote:

skipnchar wrote:

Since you read the meter twice and the going rate seems to be $9.75 per read I would send them an invoice for $19.50 for the two times you did it for them. What the heck add a $.50 administration fee and make it an even $20.

And DON'T forget to charge them for sending them a bill (unless they sign up for paperless billing) in which case cut your fee in half and DON'T send them a bill.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Extra Charges at Florida RV Snowbird Park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS