RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: NASCAR Camping Pocono style 2012

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> NASCAR Camping Pocono style 2012

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Eyegor

NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm beginning to plan an August trip to Pocono for a NASCAR weekend. Looking for tips and tricks and all advice. I have read the other websites and the Pocono fan guide but still a little confused. For those who have done Pocono, were you in the infield or outside Turn 3? What about the CG right down the road? I don't have a genny and our rig is not really set up for boondocking. I know there are no hookups available. Is a genny a necessity or can we make do without? Even if we are in the infield I'm not real keen about sitting on the roof. What other options are available without having to buy pit/paddock and Grandstand passes?

I know it is a lot of questions but trying to make sure this goes well for the DW and kids. None of them are big race fans but they indulge me. Want to make sure they don't hate it. I'm probably overthinking this so feel free to chill me out. Thanks in advance.

87 Mallard Sprinter 24' Class C Ford E350 w/460 gas "The Runny Duck"
Shiny side up, Rubber side down.

301TBS

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I havnt been to Pocono, but the infield camping at Michigan is party central 24/7. No place for kids. I can't figure out why some of them even go, the race seems to be the last thing on their mind. You may be better to camp offsite and get some sleep. Then buy some good tickets Nd enjoy the race.

2012 Crossroads Z1 271B
2009 F150 4x4,4.6,3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

PCronin68

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 07:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am heading to Pocono for the June Race. I have never taken by TT before but I have a fence line spot for the race. My Passport 2910BH and its black/gray and fresh water tanks (30gls each) should be enough for 3 days. I will borrow a generator from a friend for the weekend. I wasnt planning on bying grandstand seats and also was wondering how watching the race from the fence line would be

2010 Passport 2910BHS w/ 2007 Yukon XL Denali

weathershak

Not sure, I need to look out the window

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 12:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Find a nice CG and leave them there. They will have a better time using the CG then sitting at the race, especially if it rains or is really hot. We used to go camping at the races. I personally have better time watching someones outside tv at any CG and hanging with fellow campers. There are just too many drunks at the races.

Full timing it since July 2012 My pics

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> NASCAR Camping Pocono style 2012
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS