|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Toyota Tundra Pulling a KZ S242BH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
synchromeg

East Longmeadow

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone, we are purchasing a new Sportsment S242BH Travel Trailer. I Have a Toyota Trudra V8 5.7 4x4 Truck. I was wondering if anyone knows if I would need to add a Transmission cooler in my truck? I'm not too familiar with that? any comments would be greatly appreciated!

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All 5.7-liter Tundras come equipped with a tow package which includes engine oil and transmission coolers, integrated trailer hitch, 4.30:1 axle ratio, and large braking hardware for increased fade resistance.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Bigrick

Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 12:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a '12 Tundra with the 5.7L engine. The Tow Package was an option and not standard. Given the VIN, any Toyota dealer can look up your truck for you and tell you everything you want to know about it.

2007 Dutchmen 28F GS
2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD 5.7L V-8

synchromeg

East Longmeadow

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hey thank you... that's what I thought. The dealer said he didn't see it so we would need it, but I was pretty sure it had all that. Thank you.

sheltonlp

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 01:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And I think it was '10 midyear when they started placing the tranny cooler inside the radiator...not easily spotted. And your trailer at #4200 dry and #6000 GVWR will tow like a dream behind your Tundra.

2012 Evergreen Everlite 32RBK-DS
2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Rock Warrior

CakeHenn

Temple, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah I have a 5.7 Tundra as well and didnt think it was standard...but I think it's seems most or all I've seen do have the tow package.

TT: 2013 Jayco Eagle 314
Truck: 2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Duck Gun: Benelli Super Black Eagle II

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Safest way to tell is to look. If you can't see the tranny cooler you probably don't have one. Should be in front of the radiator and pretty hard to miss. Kind of hard to say whether you actually need one or not without knowing anything about the trailer you mentioned but it sure can't hurt anything to install one.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 02:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Per Wikipedia....

"Some other changes Toyota included in the new Tundra are optional tow mirrors, a 26.4 US gal (100 L; 22 imp gal) fuel tank, available 22-inch (560 mm) alloy wheels, backup camera, Bluetooth, large center console (big enough to fit a 15-inch (380 mm) laptop), extra-large disc brakes and calipers, and the aforementioned 6-speed sequential automatic transmission.

All 5.7-liter Tundras come equipped with a tow package which includes engine oil and transmission coolers, integrated trailer hitch, 4.30:1 axle ratio, and large braking hardware for increased fade resistance."

If Wiki has this wrong, I'll notify them to correct it.

concord32

Indianapolis

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2007 Tundra and the last trip I pulled a 2004 Sportsmen 26' to Murtle Beach and back. Didnt even know it was back there. Except for the gas mileage.

2011 Coachmen Concord 32' Triton V-10 1-slide.

CakeHenn

Temple, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

concord32 wrote:

I have a 2007 Tundra and the last trip I pulled a 2004 Sportsmen 26' to Murtle Beach and back. Didnt even know it was back there. Except for the gas mileage.

My TT is just slightly bigger...it pulls great but when I'm slowing or going over hilly areas I do know it's there as it will gently push me but I've never come close to having that "white knuckle" feeling that I hear others talk about. Oh yeah and my gas mileage is the pits so far...around 8.5. I've never really felt like I was underpowered or undersided and that's the main thing...I feel I have more than ample power. I do wish that tank was bigger...seems I always have to fill up around 21 or 22 gallons...which would only really give me a range of like 180-200 miles I guess.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Toyota Tundra Pulling a KZ S242BH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS