|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Directv wiring question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Loren Ross

Reno, NV

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 11:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SCHNEID: Just google "AUVIO Wireless HD Transmitter Kit" and you'll find it. I'm really not sure how much more details I can give you, in the post you quoted I have a whole lotta stuff there already....

MIKESTOCK: The IR is for the remote control to work in the other room. In my case, I put a sensor on the Directv receiver, and another on the bedroom television. Now when I'm in the bedroom, I can just point the remote at the bedroom television and it is wirelessly forwarded to the receiver in the front room.

HADDY1: That Monoprice site sure has a lot of cool stuff, but it's pretty hard to navigate to anything unless you know the exact technical name for it. I perused that site for about 20 minutes this morning and never found anything like this at all. I'm not too savvy about this stuff in the first place, so it's probably just that I don't know how to search for it the right way. But I'm gonna bookmark that one for sure!! Thanks!

Been running it all day now, and the only problem has been a dropped signal on two occasions. Came back on within a minute though and I don't have any idea what caused it to lose signal. Maybe the sunspot problem we're having this week??

schneid

In the Wind

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Re IR Repeaters. They are not necessary with DirecTV as they have RF remotes that operate through walls provided they aren't metal.

I like the RC65RBK best as it is also back-lit.

haddy1

Chesterfield, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Loren,

Search Monoprice for exactly what you are looking for. In this case "wireless HDMI" is one query that will do the trick.

2012 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH
2007 Jeep Wrangler Toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Directv wiring question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: