|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Question about a PullRite SuperGlide 15K

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
cefloyd 1961

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi I am thinking about trading my truck Hd 2500 with a 6.0 in on a bigger truck and most have long beds can i still use my PullRite SuperGlide 15K in a long bed or will I need to change hitches?

2006 f350 superduty 6.0.. 2012 sandpiper 345RET loaded

Butch50

Bentonville, AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure you can still use it. As long as you still use the capture plate. The distance from the hitch to the rear of the truck is the same whether it is a short bed or a long bed. All the distance in a LB is forward of the hitch. I pull with a LB Ford and have the 5th Airborne Sidewinder and use it. Doesn't make any difference. Put the SuperGlide in the new truck and enjoy. You well have the same maint. as you did with the SuperGlide before

Butch
2015 Winnebago View Profile 24V
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Orange Tangerine Pearl-Toad (on order)
2010 Can-Am 650XT Outlander Max
2012 Harley Tri Glide

cefloyd 1961

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks!!!! now to find that diseal truck lol and get rid of the 6.0 gas

jalichty

Lander, Wyoming 82520

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 04:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shame you are in Kentucky, we have a dealer here in our town, Lander, Wyoming, that has a lot of Ram long-beds and Ford long-beds. Seems like the prices are pretty good. I'll bet you can find one with a quick search on the web. Go out there looking and you will find a number of dealers that are anxious to get your business. I found that out when purchasing our last car. Had about five dealerships after our business, took the best quote to local dealer and they matched it and I didn't have to travel 300 miles to get a new car.

John A. Lichty

cefloyd 1961

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found some great deals at a car lot in SC about 3-4 hrs away I can not believe how low their prices makes me wonder if somethings up with them lol If I can get 9-10 trade in onmine that would leaveme about a 7 thousand dollor pmt not to bad for a 06-08 truck and mine is a 04

Boxer Lovers

Hackett, AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/12 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beg to differ on transferring the Pull Rite Super Slide from a short to a long box truck. I was in the same position a few months back after discovering the 5th wheel I bought was too heavy for the 2500 short bed, and I traded for a 3500 long bed.

I also had been told by Pull Rite the hitch would transfer, but when I took it to my shop to have it mounted, they called me back and said Pull Rite doesn't have any hole diagrams for the long bed and they were afraid to just guess at where to drill the holes. I called Pull Rite, after they had originally told me I could use the hitch, and this time they said they didn't reccomend using the Super Slide on a long bed due to the length added to the tow by the slide when you turned. They said it would create an abnormally long rig that would require an abnormally long turning radius, such as going around a street corner.

Very disappointed. Had to buy a standard fixed 5th wheel hitch. My Pull Rite's for sale. Used it twice.

Dave & Robin
Extended Travelers
2012 Dodge 3500, Cummins H.O.,Club Cab
Long Bed, Laramie Long Horn
Max Tow, 4:10 rear end
2013 DRV Tradition, 385 RSS,Full Body Paint,Trail Aire Tri Glide, & Center Point air ride

Bird Freak

Calhoun, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/12 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 15K fits the standard rails and will install no different than a short bed. Length when slid all the way back would change by 2 ft at the most so I see no problem with it.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs-28years
We love 56 T-Birds

slmayor

shasta lake ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/12 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had one, did it, no problem. It is a challenge to figure out the holes, but not that hard. No clearance issues either. Mounted the brackets underbed, then used a VERY long thin bit to do a pilot hole from the bottom, then went to the top and drilled out the holes for the pins for the super rails.

mpierce

Scranton, ND

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/12 09:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

The 15K fits the standard rails and will install no different than a short bed. Length when slid all the way back would change by 2 ft at the most so I see no problem with it.

Agreed. No different than going from a 36' trailer, to a 38-39' one!

Boxer Lovers

Hackett, AR

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/12 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just going by what Pull Rite said. Installer wasn't going to risk liability if factory wasn't going to provide correct installation holes. I'm not able to install it myself.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Question about a PullRite SuperGlide 15K
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS