RV.Net Open Roads Forum: ?? on Replacement tires for 06 Ford F350 4x Crew Diesel....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> ?? on Replacement tires for 06 Ford F350 4x Crew Diesel....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
shawnct450r

Goose Creek SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/12 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

I've had extremely good luck with Nitto. If you want a more agressive tire, like the T/A go Terra Grappler. If a more street tire is good (this is what I've run) go with the Dura Grappler. I got close to 50k out of my last two sets of Dura Grapplers on my 2005 2WD. They come in two classifications, make sure you get the 6 ply load range E.

I also have the Nitto Dura Grappler 285/75/16 "E"s. Love them. They seem to be wearing alot better than the BFG A/Ts (like those also), and a good bit quieter too.

BTW - I have air'd the Dura Grapplers down for Pismo trips, and they float across the sand just fine. Will buy them again. Hope this helps.

04 F250 FX4 Diesel
06 WW LE3305
06 Honda TRX450R (CT Racing)
04 Suzuki LTZ250 (Son's stunt machine)
06 Suzuki LT50
05 Honda VFR800A

Johnnytree

Canyon Country Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/12 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Nitto Terra grapplers on mine 305/75/16 load E. They are wearing fine. And they were great on the sand at Pismo. Only thing about them is they have wide spacing in the footprint design. So when I get the trailer at storage they pick up all the small gravel and fling it around, when I hit the pavement again.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2006 F250
2006 W.W FSC2800
2006 Raptor 700R Mine
2002 CRF450R Son
2009 Polaris RZR 800 with 6" long travel suspension Wife

souraider

Rogue Valley, OR

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/12 07:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BF Goodrich All Terrain LT270/75/R18. Long lasting, nice all around tire. I am on my second set with absolutely no issues. I have 98,000 miles on my truck and had replaced the continentals at about 5,000 miles with my first set of BFG's.

06 Ford F-350 PSD CC FX4
05 Fleetwood Pioneer ASV 260FS

roadracer

Nevada City Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/12 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a tire dealer and I have 06 f-350 4x4 see my signature, for the money the nitto terra grabbers is a very good tire, built by Toyo in the sane factory, pm me if you have any questions.

06 F350 4x4 Amarillo Pkg PSD,Juice W/Attitude, Air Bags
Cold Air Intake, Corsa Exhaust
2" Fabtech Kit W/Shocks
Superglide 5r Hitch W/ Super Rail Kit
K-Z 38bx2 Triple Slide With Mor/ryde Pin box

pcassidy111

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 12:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drwwicks wrote:

pcassidy111 wrote:

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor has worked well for me on that truck. On 3rd set, get about 30K miles per set but I replace them when I get to 8/32 of an inch of tread remaining not when they hit the wear bars. Good rain and ice manners, works well in the snow and the desert.

I hope you mis-typed because 8/32 is only about 1/3 or less wear on them and you are throwing away good tires. Wear bars are between 1 and 2/32 and that's the time to replace. But it's your money and time to use as you wish.

Actually should have been 6/32 of an inch because in CA they are no longer legal as a snow tire, and they do sometimes check your tires at the chain control check points.

Pete

DuneJunkie

Reedsport, OR.

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dang, asking about tires is like asking which truck (ford/chevy/dodge) is better. Tons of opinions out there for sure. All valid and given honestly.
The Nitto's are made by Toyo.
My vote goes to the Toyo A/T's. I put 50K on my last set, and am now 10K miles into my 2nd set. In my opinion these are the best tires you can put on a full size truck that is towing a 5th wheel. Solid tire, great tread life, and when purchsed at the right place, great customer service as well.

good luck with your decision.

2005 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 CC Duramax/Allison, with 18K SuperGlide Hitch
2008 385 Fleetwood Gearbox
2005 Yamaha YFZ 450
2002 Honda 400ex

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/12 11:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DuneJunkie wrote:

... and when purchsed at the right place, great customer service as well.

good luck with your decision.

Now that is some sage advice there. I've been dealing with the same tire shop since my first car back in H.S. same owners that are over the top helpful, they're the ones that turned me on to the Nitto Terra Grapplers for my 1/2 ton. When I was ready to put tires on my Duramax I found the Dura Grapplers on the Nitto website and talked to my tire guy, he agreed they looked like a good choice and that's the way we went. Cannot say enough about dealing with a good tire shop, they want you back and will work with you. I've steered countless friends to Western Tire in Burbank, CA and everyone has thanked me after.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
'06 3005 Rage'n Falcon

nick250f

iowa

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THX for all the replies and suggestions.... We will get our taxes soon and start the search....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> ?? on Replacement tires for 06 Ford F350 4x Crew Diesel....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS