RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
danager

Edmonton Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/12 12:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just booked our site for a weekend in June and sent of confirmation for the last two weeks in July. Closer to home sounds like the plan for this summer. I am working on a couple projects at work, and hard to get extra time off. I do not want to waste my time driving. The June trip is 1.5 hours away, The July trip is 3.5 hours.

Found a nice campground last fall, 40 minutes from home. The in-laws have a boat on the lake another 20 minutes down the road. We will probably get out there a couple times.

ban26ana

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/12 03:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First trip is next weekend, close to home. Following weekend is a different campground, also close to home.

Second week in June is Williamsburg to do Busch Gardens and visit family.

Late in June is my daughter's 3rd birthday party at a local campground. We were planning of camping the weekend, but now I'm thinking of just leaving the camper for the week. It's not far from home, and my kids would love spending our days there after I get done work.

July is a trip to the Catskills.

December is the big one. Over a week on a surprise trip to Disney World! We'll tell them that we're going camping, but we're not going to tell them about Disney. I'm going to videotape their reactions in the truck as we're driving and they start noticing the signs.

We'll have a bunch of local weekend trips thrown in there too. We'll probably go up to Lancaster sometime in the spring. The kids love Strausburg Railroad and Cherry Crest Farm.

snoocs1010

Delmar, NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Next weekend we are going to Thompson's Lake, it's a NYS park, very basic, but close to home. It's our 22nd anniversary. Hoping the weather gets a little warmer. This weekend we have freeze warnings. But suppose to be in the 60's by Monday. After that my husband wants to bring it up early to the family camp in the Adirondacks, which will allow us to spend weekends up there until my daughter is out of school in mid June. Looking at going to Wells beach, Ma or North Carolina for a week vaction in August. Hoping next weekend while at Thompson's lake with no electric, that we will have some down time to figure out a plan for the rest of the summer.

Joanna

Kennedycamper

Algoa, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We book everything in January. Booked 10 trips out camping thru the year. It's the only way to get a reservation in the Texas state parks. They are booked up months in advance.

doublenot7

Clear Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kennedycamper wrote:

We book everything in January. Booked 10 trips out camping thru the year. It's the only way to get a reservation in the Texas state parks. They are booked up months in advance.

So it's YOU!!!

HunterBri

New England

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Memorial Day weekend, we're heading to Pine Haven Campground in Wentworth, New Hampshire.

First week of July, we'll be at Knoebels Campground in Elysburg, PA.

Second week of July, we'll be at Old Mill Stream campground, next to Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA.

Labor Day weekend, we'll be at Salty Acres Campground in Kennebunk, Maine.

Thanksgiving, I'll be thankful for the time spent in a PUP, and hoping I can convince my wife to let us get a travel trailer for Christmas (one can dream, right?).

2010 Jayco 1206 pushing a 2010 Nissan Xterra, gently persuaded by Brian ('71), Amy ('74), and Cathryn ('04)

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/12 03:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did a weekend trip to Stone Mountain State Park (NC) in March and then went for a week to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach, SC in April. Decided to leave our camper there in storage for the summer. Went back for a weekend last weekend. Have another weekend in June and and then another week in July. We will probably do another weekend in August, September and October. Will decide around August/September if we want to leave it in storage down there for the winter or try to make a fall trip to the mountains a weekend or two before winterizing. Might just do the fall camping in a tent. That would be fun.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

03Ultra

Central Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/12 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We spent last weekend in Wells, Maine and will be there again next weekend. I think this year we will stay close to home. Weekends at the beach and maybe even a two week stint there. Might go to the White Mountains in the fall. Depends on work schedules.

2004 Itasca 36M Workhorse

timc1207

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/12 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got a little trip a couple hours north of here in the hill country Memorial weekend then a week out to the coast on the first of July. We are also planning a week out in August but I don't know where yet.

2008 Forest River Wildwood Le 27BHBS - 2010 Dodge 2500 Laramie Mega cab 6.7L Cummins diesel, Flo-Pro exhaust, XRT Pro tuner, Mygig Lock Pick, Access tonneau cover, Ranch Hand grill guard, KC daylighters.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Anyone Made Any Camping Plans?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS