|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Emergency Assistance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
royST

ann arbor

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 03:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After comparing GS and Coach Net, we've decided to go with Coach Net. Had the chance to use their service once when we had a flat tire. So far, quite satisfied with the service we got.

hottubkid

SCHAUMBURG,IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Believe Good sam's, Coach Net and FMCA all have this service. Correct me if I am wrong.

othertonka wrote:

brodon651 wrote:

Good Sams has offered emergency assistance for rver's and I was wondering has anyone applied for this protection and is it worth the yearly payment? Has anyone used this service and could give a review.
Don

Well first of all lets all get on the same page. Are you talking about Good same emergency road service or are you talking about Good Sam Emergeny assistant plan that provides transportation for the person, drives or takes your RV home, gets your spouse back home and many other benifits? So let us know what plan you are talking about and we can go from there. For those that don't know about the GS emergency evacuation plan here is a link.

Good Sam emergency plan.

The good sam emergency road service is a different plan.

Good Sam Raod service

I beleive that the OP is asking about the GS Emergency evactuation plan, and not the road service, we will see if he comes back to clear this all up. Any way if you are interested, click on bothe links to see the difference. I don't beleive coach net offers a plan like this but could be wrong

hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sunkatcher wrote:

Now let me get this straight; an air ambulance (Helicopter) costs $ 7,500.00 just to get it into the air and heading your way. A medically equipped fixed wing air ambulance costs $ 12,000.00 just to get it into the air and heading you home. The average RV cost of $ .50/mile just in fuel just to operate and many of us are at least 1500 miles ($ 750.00 + return airfare for driver) away from home during the cold winter months but both FMCA and Coach-Net can guarantee you this service at NO COST
Only one word: AMAZING!!!!!
Yes truly Amazing what some people will believe.
I see by your signature, you sell a extremely expensive competing service....amazing how some can openly sell a commercial product, while others get slapped for it.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/'10 Rzr or '13 Suzuki 500 riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

We have had both Good Sam and Coach-Net. And yes we compaired all the Benifits of both. Dollar for Dollar, you just can't beat what Coach-Net offers.

We switched quite a few years ago, Would never go back to Good Sam. Why pay for extra's when its free with Coach-Net.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

Buck62

Charleston, South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bea PA wrote:

If you want emergency evacuation service, join FMCA, it is a free benefit. If you want roadside service and towing, get Coachnet.

One of the great free benefits of FMCA membership. In case of an medical emergency FMCA will make arrangements to drive your motorhome back to your home address. There are a lot of other free member benefits under the emergency assistance program and are all included as part of your FMCA membership.

sunkatcher

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now let me get this straight; an air ambulance (Helicopter) costs $ 7,500.00 just to get it into the air and heading your way. A medically equipped fixed wing air ambulance costs $ 12,000.00 just to get it into the air and heading you home. The average RV cost of $ .50/mile just in fuel just to operate and many of us are at least 1500 miles ($ 750.00 + return airfare for driver) away from home during the cold winter months but both FMCA and Coach-Net can guarantee you this service at NO COST

masa4u.com

Jim@HiTek

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 'Life Flight' insurance is economical because so few people ever need it.

Spread out the cost over 10's of thousands of policy holders and yes, it sounds like a bargain because the premiums are so low. But actuaries figure the price of policies based on how often people need that kind of coverage and I am pretty sure they got the cost right, plus a nice profit.

They have a program up in Alaska that's pretty much the same that's only $100 per year. Has a good reputation too.

The fact that I haven't read any negatives about those programs over 8 years of perusing RV forums doesn't really mean anything, I suppose, but I can't remember a time when the holder of those types of insurances said anything other then how happy they were to have it.

Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Fleetwood Bounder, '94
Cummins Diesel, 190HP, 36.5' with 50HP LP boost.
Black Rock Lava Park, Nevada

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sunkatcher wrote:

Not selling anything. Just commenting for the benefit of those that may find they have made an unwise decision. Though the forum was a place for knowledge to be shared?
For being in direct competition and one that stands to lose business, I'm curious what this "unwise" decision is.. ? Frankly I’m surprised that a moderator hasn’t edited your comments out as they clearly affect your business.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

sunkatcher

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not selling anything. Just commenting for the benefit of those that may find they have made an unwise decision. Though the forum was a place for knowledge to be shared?

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 05:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sunkatcher wrote:

Have you actually looked at the emergency medical coverage that FMCA provides to its members at no additional cost?

FMCAssist emergency medical evacuation

Dutch
1995 Coachmen Catalina 322QBXL
F53 chassis, 460 V8, TST TPMS
Quadra Bigfoot EZE Levelers
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Emergency Assistance