RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Carefree Thinlite awning light.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Carefree Thinlite awning light.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
BrucePerry

Cornwall NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Revolution 42t came with one of these lights installed. I can not find where to plug in the end. I called the dealer, and they checked with American Coach who said they did not offer that option and "somebody must of put that there". Well ya, somebody must have put it there otherwise it would not be there. It looks like it would take some doing to get it installed, so Im sure it just didnt fall there. Anyway, my question is does anyone else have on of these, and if so where did the outlet to plug in the light get installed? I ordered the install kit so at a minimum I can put that in. I would hate to go through drilling through walls etc if I didnt have to. I looked on the porch light, and on the awning itself. It comes with a long coiled chord so I guess the outlet could be almost anywhere. Thanks for any help on this.

zigzagrv

Nazareth, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have one , but HERE's the specs and install instructions from Carefree.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
'95 Tracker toad

astro001

Middleburg, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine plugs in on the side of my porch light.

Mickey

Mickey&Linda
2003 Fleetwood Revolution
2009 Dodge Dakota 4/4 Toad
Middleburg, Florida
Mickey's Motor Home

ricardo

Fort Wayne Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/12 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes. The side of the porch lite.

Rick and Sandy
2010 American Tradition 45ft
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy

johnsonbert

Houston, TX-Ironwood, MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X3 on the side of the porch light, you probably could find a compatible plug at Radio Shack if there is not a plug on the porch light, drill a hole and install it. It is kind of a nice setup.
Hope this may help, happy trails Bert

2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

John & Angela

Full Timers in Canada, USA and Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/12 10:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

x4, side of the porch light. We use ours for partys.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. 2002 Vanguard 22 foot Class C. Diesel smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer or pulling a 2009 Timeout Tent Trailer.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

mike brez

milford ct

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/12 04:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the side of the porch lite. My 1994 is the same.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods

Buck62

Charleston, South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/12 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BrucePerry wrote:

My Revolution 42t came with one of these lights installed. I can not find where to plug in the end. I called the dealer, and they checked with American Coach who said they did not offer that option and "somebody must of put that there". Well ya, somebody must have put it there otherwise it would not be there. It looks like it would take some doing to get it installed, so Im sure it just didnt fall there. Anyway, my question is does anyone else have on of these, and if so where did the outlet to plug in the light get installed? I ordered the install kit so at a minimum I can put that in. I would hate to go through drilling through walls etc if I didnt have to. I looked on the porch light, and on the awning itself. It comes with a long coiled chord so I guess the outlet could be almost anywhere. Thanks for any help on this.

It is porch light connector is standard on Revolution and American Coach's. When I got my Revolution it drove me nuts trying to figure out where it plugged in and a few days later I was at a Campground with another Revolution that was using their awning light. I walked over and saw it plugged into the side of the porch light. Another Uh OH moment.

Jim@HiTek

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/12 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I'll be. I've had one of those for 8 years and always thought the first owner bought it with the after market awning and didn't want to pay for installation of the connector. Just checked my porch light and sure enough, there's the connector. And it works!

Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Fleetwood Bounder, '94
Cummins Diesel, 190HP, 36.5' with 50HP LP boost.
Black Rock Lava Park, Nevada

BrucePerry

Cornwall NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/12 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. So after reading your posts, I checked the porch light. No plug. Now I learn that AC no longer has porch lights with the plug already installed. I looked at the install kit I just received, and of course what they gave me isnt going to work with the thickness of the wall of the light.. Back to the drawing board! I hope to find someone who has this installed, so I can actually see if they used a different style porch light or not. Thanks for the info guys and happy trails!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Carefree Thinlite awning light.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS