|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> looking to go fulltime and make new friends

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
livinglifegnd

NH

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What can we expect for basic expenses per month. We are also looking for year round campground suggestions in New Hampshire that are pet friendly.We are new campers who are caught up in the economy crunch and its time to live out our dreams . So hears to new friends stop by and say hello . I am a disabled fireman wife will be retired office worker in our late 40's

2oldman

Wilson Creek WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FT costs

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Living year-round in New Hampshire in an RV would be very expensive for propane during the winter. You might consider somewhere with a more suitable climate for winter.

Full-Timers for 16 Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2014 Chevy Equinox
2004 Jeep Liberty - for our fun

sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/12 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

try www.woodalls.com and select New Hampshire, then click on "show more search options" then select "pets welcome" to search for campgrounds in NH.
Once you narrow down a campground, go to www.rvparkreviews.com and you can see reviews by campers. Look for monthly rates and note whether they charge extra for electricity and pets.
Thank you for your service. I believe things happen for a reason. One door closes another one opens. Enjoy your travels. God Bless.

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

sonicsix

Jerry n' Cynthia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/12 12:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

However much money you have is what it will cost to full-time. It really is that simple. You can look at our Fulltime RVing budget by following the link, and there are several years back to browse through. You can REALLY offset your costs by workamping.

Chillyrodent

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations!

Full-timing is about as variable as the rigs people live in. Some people will tell you you can't do it for less than $40K a year, other people will show you how they do it on $4K (seriously).

Are you naturally frugal? Do you need to eat out a few times a week? Or, are you happier baking your own bread? Do you prefer nights out on the town, or days out in the forest? Do you need to make payments on your rig? Do you still have a mortgage? Are you willing to take occasional temporary jobs to supplement your incomes?

There are folks here who think you aren't living unless you're country clubbing and golfing world-class courses. That takes some scratch. Many people choose the RV life exactly for the simplicity.

Good luck!

The Good Luck Duck

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 01:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are retired, use the wheels and head to warm weather during the winter. As said, people do it on all sorts of incomes. You just adjust as needed.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Traveling catpanion Shadow (age 17)
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS)
Mischief
(2004 Subaru Forester Toad)
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

MPI_Mallard

McGregor Ontario,St. Cloud Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/12 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We started full-timing last year and in all honesty the cost will vary from person to person. My wife is extremly good with money (hand her a nickel and she'll hand you back a quarter)so under Frau Blücher's close scutiny wer'e actually saving money opposed to when we were living in our house but in the end i think it will cost about the same as living sticks n' bricks style,you'll eat the same,spend as much on clothes and such,i think the advantage for us at least is we don't see winter anymore,last summer never ended and i've been wearing shorts,tank-tops and Okabashi's ever since!

Red Green:
Some men look at a problem like this and try
to find a solution. I prefer to figure out whose
smarter than me and let them take care of it.

07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 12:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are there CG's open year round in New Hampshire? Our experience in New England States has been CG's closing end of Sept...Mid Oct. at latest.

We FT on roughly $1600-$1800/month.......we are debit free.

CG fees, fuel and medical will be your highest costs.......unless you have high debt. CG fees & fuel costs can be controlled...(Monthly fees vs weekly/daily rates---staying longer/moving shorter distances)...medical is what it is.

Good luck!

dakasa47

Lynn Ma

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/12 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi...the campgrounds that I know of that have year round camping are Meredith Woods in Meredith off Rt 93 and Danforth Bay in Freedom off of Rt 16 and I think there are 1 or 2 near Bretton Woods. They are open for snowmobilers and skiiers not retricted to them though. I do not know the policies about full timing. I believe that there are limited hookups etc during some of the winter months. Meredith Woods has an indoor pool and hot tub.

David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> looking to go fulltime and make new friends
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts