|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> New (old) Motor Home

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Replant

Someplace

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, will you please stay in one place. You have 2 threads going on the same subject. I believe your last post belongs on the other thread.
Anyway, if you are so naive as to meet a stranger with 15 grand in your pocket you had better be prepared for battle.
My suggestion would be to tell him you want to inspect the RV first and if everything appears to be legit then tell him to meet you at a local bank where you will conduct the transaction (your bodyguard or whatever will be waiting at the bank with the cash and the MH parked outside). Then watch his reaction. His reply should be interesting,

magik235

Central Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 08:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

abnjim1951 wrote:

Soon, I will be an owner of a 1973 Class C Dodge Motor Home. I feel anxious yet cautious to begin my adventure!

What happened with this RV?

1993 Damon Challenger
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26989746.cfm

1985 Sport Coach http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseac........d/tid/26101292/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

Jagtech

Sunny Southern Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 09:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

abnjim1951, Good Luck with your new rig! You will have many adventures ahead. You asked about insurance and AAA ~ I suggest you don't buy insurance from the people that usually only sell auto insurance, instead go to someone that specializes in RV insurance. Auto insurance co's don't know the first thing about RV's.. As for AAA, as mentioned above, perhaps look into CoachNet or Good Sam, very good idea to have roadside assistance from these guys.
Will we get to see some pictures??

1998 Triple E F53 with 460 Ford
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

abnjim1951

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello all,

Well, I just purchased a 2000 Ford Fleetwood from a private seller in San Diego. The price waa 15000k. Yeah, the price was a little high, but this vehicle is in good condition with 63000 miles. Initially, the man wanted 16,500.00 dollars, but we settled for 15,000.00. The MSRP when new was >60,000.00. NADA low=13,000.00 high=>16,000.00

Question(s)

1) Does anyone know where an owners manual can be found?

2) Best insurance?

Thanks

Pictures will come soon.

* This post was edited 06/28/12 05:24pm by abnjim1951 *

Jagtech

Sunny Southern Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that's a bargain.... $65,000 reduced to $15,000. Wow!

abnjim1951

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a picture of the motor home purchased, but cannot locate the procedure to copy it to this message. How can this picture be copied to a message?

Thanks

abnjim1951

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello, All:

I am seeking a qualified and competent RV technician / mechanic in San Diego to inspect a 2000 Class C Fleetwood Tioga and determine its road- worthiness. I would like on-board appliances, generator, AC, and other components, which includes the Ford E-450 chassis.

Thanks.

James

abnjim1951

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello, all:

Thanks for your post. Am a newbie of RVing thus desire to learn all I can about RVing. I need to avoid potential problems on the road!

But can someone here help with finding the age of these tires? The information on these tires is supposed to tell the age, but after sharing the following letters found on a tire, no information regarding the age was discovered. Here are the letters on the tire:

DOT VN1L THO

Thanks a million.

James

abnjim1951

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dear Jaytech,

Dear Jagtech:

I made a typographical mistake. The original price of this class C was $16,500.00. And after vying for a better price, he settled for $15,000.00. Sorry

This rig was and is in excellent condition with only 63,000 miles showing on the odometer. But after driving home from Oceanside I struck a parked car The damage and repair cost of his vehicle is pending, but the damage to this MH looks minor, yet the repair estimate was near $1000.00.....Yikes?

On another subject, I am trying to find the age of these tires. They all have good tread, but the previous owner stated that these boots (tires) are re-treads....double yikes? The number (letters) on the tire are: DOT VN1L THO. To avoid an often online of accidents because of tire failure, I desire to know the age of these tires. I emailed the previous owner and asked for the age, but he has not responded to my mail. He appears, and responded to my questions, seems to be an honest man, but I need to know all I can about the history of this MH. Again, I apologize for the price error. But I wish I could have bought this MH for the price I mentioned. Yeah, I could have bartered for a better price, but this is stressful business, and I need to avoid stress in my life. To be sure, I have PTSD from a one year tour in Vietnam (Grunt) thus have all the stress I can handle...triple Yikes?

On a side note, can you or someone at RV.Net locate the age of the tire on this RV? The letters are: DOT VN1L THO. The man said they were retreads, but I need to be safe, you know what I mean

Thanks.

James

abnjim1951

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This message is to borderline.

Hello, Borderline!

Given all your excellent knowledge that you share about motor homes, can you tell me the age of the tires on this newly purchused Class C 2000 Fleetwood? This motor home is 12 years old, but is in great condition.

The letters on the tires are:

DOT VN1L THO

I fear that they are old, and would be prone to blowout. Like any safety minded person, I need to be safe. But the tires have allot of tread.

Thanks allot, Mr. Borderling. Dah, Dah, Dahhhh. That is all..folks UDAHMan!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> New (old) Motor Home
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS