|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quality TC

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DiscoChicken

Lawrenceville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want quality, do not buy an Adventurer. I'm on my 3rd TC, 7th RV and this is by far the worst for quality. I've looked at a few other brands, they all seem to be the same. Little things here and there. Insulation is something you'll want to address and mod on your own after you find a camper. Most campers could use more insulation.

Adventurer/Ford

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Smaller northern lites that are older won't have so many leaks and are lite enough to hold up under their own weight. But with use of bead board insulation for structure, on the heavier model, mine had a basement crushing under its own weight till I added some real wood in there.

These other guys don't like my telling of my experience with NL campers, lots of leaks right from the get go. It's my duty to save others the headaches. I'm not going to let up on this because opening everything up you find the work underneath is 'sloppy jalopy'.

* This post was edited 04/14/12 05:52am by covered wagon *

DiscoChicken

Lawrenceville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/12 09:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covered wagon wrote:

It's my duty to save others the headaches.

Agreed.

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/12 10:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covered wagon wrote:

All these guys don't like my telling of my experience with NL campers cause I am telling the truth about my Northern Lite camper all the time on RV.net. It's my duty to save others the headaches.

Again, like every time someone mentions liking a NL, we are not attacking you nor is anyone discounting your experiences. It is funny (sad actually) that every post that I (or others) say we like a NL is followed by you going on a tangent of "All these guys don't like ............... ".

You really need to understand that you may have a lemon and rightly don't like it, but others have units that they like or love (Of note: a lot more people are praising NL's than slamming them). If it is causing you so much anger and raising your blood pressure so much then sell it and move on.

Do tell your story to others so people can learn from all the facts, but please stop the attacks. exaggerations of being attacked and the generalizations that if you have a bad unit they must all be bad.

2002 GMC 2500HD 4x4 4 Door
1992 Northern Lite 9'- 6" Camper with cargo trailer for hauling supplies
Advanced Elements Kayaks
Border Collie Guard Dog

Paterson Photography Web Site

Art Schlangen

INDIANAPOLIS,IN

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/12 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cover Wagon.. Sorry you had so many problems with your NL... Mine is a 06 the original owner was in Alaska. It sat through Alaska winters until Jan of last year. Then the guy I bought it from drove to Billings MT. to pick it up.. I bought it from him May of last year.. did a little PM on the thing.. windows calking.. Good wax job.. and lemon oil on the cabinets.. I have no leaks no issue.. I'm not a NL expert but I'm very happy with my camper... I guess some of us are lucky... Good luck.. ART

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 06:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even if I sold it I wouldn't stop telling of my experience with it.

Photo Mike you can feel the way you want.... so I have the same right.

Even if I got 'oldtimers' disease and forgot where I live, I'd still remember my experience with my NL camper.

Now after working on it so much to fix leaks, Why would I give up so easily and sell it? It's much better after putting my hand to it and after seeing what workermanship was done, like the Dodge Ram front end suspension, but that's another story, gives one a fear of buying anything these days.

SoCalDesertRider

Arizona desert

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree that if I hated something that much, I would get rid of it and get something else that I liked. Sometimes, there is a point where a 'project' is more hassle than it's worth, regardless of how much time and/or money you've wasted on it already.

How's the Kenny Rogers song go?

"You gotta know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run."

And what's that other saying about 'beating a dead horse'....?

05E350 6.0PSD
97F350DRW 7.3PSD 4x4 4.10 11' flatbed
98Ranger
69Bronco ATC250R CR500
20' BigTex flatbed carhauler
Callen Camper

92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6
B&W TurnoverBall, Curt Magnum V
HD Springs Bilsteins,
285/75-16E BFG AT on 16x8 Stocktons
4.56's & LockRite rear

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoCalDesertRider wrote:

I agree that if I hated something that much, I would get rid of it and get something else that I liked. Sometimes, there is a point where a 'project' is more hassle than it's worth, regardless of how much time and/or money you've wasted on it already.

How's the Kenny Rogers song go?

"You gotta know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run."

And what's that other saying about 'beating a dead horse'....?

Different story here: I made it a good camper. Tons of work? Yes, but, look at all challenges. Frustrating at times, yes....makes it all the more reason to not take a chance on another. I don't give up very easily.

The thing is finally a good camper and new folks with their new questions need to be newly informed. So the horse came get back up sometimes.

DiscoChicken

Lawrenceville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im about to the selling point with my brand new adventurer. So far the company has declined to resolve several of my warranty issues. I'm so worn out over trying to get my camper fixed right! They've almost cracked me. At some point I'm sure I'll get tired of arguing and have to take my loss. But I will speak my mind and try to sway would be buyers away from adventurer by sharing my experience - popular or not.

AidenJ

Adirondacks, NY ,USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd like to tell you which camper we chose but I'm afraid of getting slammed again. We do love it though.

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 CC, CTD, SRW
2010 NORTHERN-LITE 10-2 SPECIAL EDITION)
Libby, 2 yr Boxer/Hound mix learning to travel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quality TC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS