RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: 2013 jayco model question?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2013 jayco model question?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
batavia02

somewhere in florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

do not know if this in the right spot but does anyone have any info regarding the 2013 jayco eagle tt line thought i read on here that it will be dropped.I hope not as me and the wife have finanlly settled on that model the eagle tt fks with king bed.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/12 08:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the "rumble"...from another forum and a reputable source...

Anyone ordering an Jayco Eagle today will be getting a 2013 model .... the new year is scheduled to usher in some pretty significant changes in the various Eagle lines....

The current line of Eagle SL (Super Lite) TT's and 5ers will be known as Eagles.

The current line of Eagle TT's will be discontinued .... in connection with this the 320RLDS, 324BHDS, 322FKS, and 330RLTS will be deleted.

The current line of Eagle SL HT (half ton) 5ers will be known as the Eagle HT line.

And the current line of Eagle 5ers will be known as Eagle Premier 5ers.

Per these 2013 Jayco Pics from RVUSA.Com...you won't miss the Eagle TT's!
(Cut and paste this!) http://www.jayflightrv.com/rvinventory_item.asp?id=987821

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

PenMan

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was also interested in the 322FKS but if you go to this Jayco site at http://www.jaycotraveltrailers.com/ Clicky you can still see the Eagle line of TT's but the 322FKS is no longer in the list of models available.

Chris and Jane and two boys (and a DDIL) who prefer tents
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

crab80

Virginia`s Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 12:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

According to the RVdirect Quick quote site, the 322 FKS is a 2012 model that is discontinued and only stock units available. This site shows which models are available for 2013 also if you do a bit of searching.
http://www.rvdirect.com/models.asp?type=3&make=67&model=1139

2010 Jayco 28BHS
2004 Chevy 1500 Ext.Cab 5.3L, 3.73, Bilsteins, Timbren SES
Reese Dual Cam
Prodigy P3

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco is horrible about updating their website. The earliest they update it to show the new model year is August or September. The wholesalers and dealers are usually much faster about getting info on the new model years online.

Frankly, after Jayco cut the quality of the Eagle TT line so much in 2012 and even more so in 2013 by dropping the existing TTs and replacing them with what was formerly the Superlight line, I would suggest you look elsewhere for a TT (I've written off Jayco myself). Also, there have been increased complaints about Jayco's customer service (or, rather, the lack of it) and sloppy construction, such as not cleaning sawdust off the roof before applying the roofing material and leaving bubbles in the roofing that Jayco refuses to repair under warranty.

Jeannie

aclay

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/12 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been trying to get info on the 2013 Eagles and it's tough. Dealerships say they don't have info or that it is coming soon. I see pics of the new ones on other lots, so they must be coming out. It's frustrating that the company does not make information more available. I realize dealers need to move inventory, but as a consumer I want information.

Anything new? Anyone have timelines?

2012 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax CC SRW 4x4, 2013 Sprinter 311BHS, DW, 3 boys, & 2 dogs...
Campingourway Blog

TURK2500

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

Jayco is horrible about updating their website. The earliest they update it to show the new model year is August or September. The wholesalers and dealers are usually much faster about getting info on the new model years online.

Frankly, after Jayco cut the quality of the Eagle TT line so much in 2012 and even more so in 2013 by dropping the existing TTs and replacing them with what was formerly the Superlight line, I would suggest you look elsewhere for a TT (I've written off Jayco myself). Also, there have been increased complaints about Jayco's customer service (or, rather, the lack of it) and sloppy construction, such as not cleaning sawdust off the roof before applying the roofing material and leaving bubbles in the roofing that Jayco refuses to repair under warranty.

.... and the new OP's question was only; "anyone have any info regarding the 2013 Jayco eagle tt line?".

02 Chevy, 2500HD/4x4, 6.0L/4:10, GVWR 9,200lbs., GCWR 16,000lbs.
05 Jayco Eagle, 278FBS, GVWR 9,000lbs.
TV/TT loaded: 14,700lbs.
Loaded Tongue Weight: 1,250lbs.
Loaded TT weight: 8,400
Putnam XDR Class V, Reese HP Dual Cam.

PenMan

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keystone has a Sprinter model 300KBS that is similar to the Jayco 322FKS but it lacks a lot of the options that I was considering on the Jayco including electric stabilizer jacks, a second A/C, and several others that were less important to us. I have not seen one to compare to the Jayco.

mikefos

Austin, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

I will say they are very slow to update their Web site. We are on Jayco #2 and have looked at a lot of other brands, both before #1 and before #2. Jayco isn't perfect, but they are of a lot better quality than quite a bit of the other brands out there, and I have not had any customer service issues w/ them - in fact they have been very helpful when contacted, and authorizing warranty repairs. And yes, we do have an Eagle Super Lite and like it. I wouldn't buy any TT today w/o a 2-year warranty.

Mike, Kim, and Pepper (Min Pin security)
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 308RETS, TST 507 TPMS
2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, 2WD, Long Bed, Crew Cab, Duraflaps, AMP Bedstep
Equal-i-zer 1400/14K Hitch

aclay

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/12 08:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did get some info from a local dealer regarding new Eagle Lights. I was specifically inquiring about a 2013 Eagle SL 304BHS, but here's the info I was given.

Exterior Changes/Enhancements:
* Deleted "Superlite" name from graphics package
* Windows changed to G20 dark tint
* New knuckle hing style baggage doors
* Glacier package is now standard
* Deleted secondary entry door window
* New chocolate glazed front cap
* New black extrusion accents
* New decorative wall panel added to outside kitchen
* New chocolate glazed skirt metal

Interior Changes/Enhancements:
* New window treatment styling - hard valance top and legs
* New decorative interior wall panel (different shade of same color)
* New carpet
* New shoe garage added to entertainment center near entry door
* New vinyl flooring
* New kitchen backsplash design
* New slide fascia design

Deletions:
* Deleted water purifier
* Deleted bedroom carpet

Also indicated that factory to dealer prices went up, but not sure what to make of that.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2013 jayco model question?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS