|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 4 season fifth wheel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
SuperDutyFiver

Long Valley, NJ, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/12 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joelc wrote:

Just a word of caution. I purchased a 2012 Cameo just before they went out of business and I don't regret it. It is made well and is perfect for full timing which I hope to do some day as soon as my house sells. It is also 4 season.

Now for my point. I was looking to get double pane window option, but Carriage advised against it. The reason is due to the insulation factor and also weeping on the inside. Through research and there advise, I learned that although double pane do work they do tend to develop leaks more readily than single pane and they have to be replaced about every 7 years. No experience here, but information via forums like the Cameo and this one led me to the single pane. Unless, you are camping in very cold climates, the dual pane would not be necessary. With the single pane, I was told just to leave a vent open slightly to get rid of the extra indoor humidity.

Huge difference between single and double pane when it comes to insulating value as well as keeping the noise outside! Personally I can't recommend going without dbl pane if you're gonna live in it for a year!

Anyhow-what kinda coach are you coming out of and what part of the country are you staying in?

36' Carriage Carri-Lite 35rl3
PSD 4x4 Custom Tow Vehicle-the 550
PSD 4x4 SUV-the X
PSD 4x4 Duellies-rack, utility & pickup
E450 PSD 4x2 Chassis Cab
E550 PSD 4x2 Cube Van-The Beast

RIP-Prowler 345Y LSI-THANKS SUPERSTORM SANDY...

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/12 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Might want to look up the insulating value(R factor) between a RV single pane window and a RV dual pane window.It might be interesting.

Folks full time in all brands all price ranges. Depends on where you plan to spend a lot of time. We long time and stay in moderate temperatures so super insulation was not a determining factor. We just have a plan ole 06 3400 Montana and it doesn't have super insulation but serves us well in regard to the climates we stay in. Purchase what you will use.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 4 season fifth wheel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS