RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Canadian RV'er murdered in Mexico (a lesson in sarcasm)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Canadian RV'er murdered in Mexico (a lesson in sarcasm)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wandering mike

Someplace in North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/12 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deleted by author after second thoughts.

* This post was edited 05/01/12 09:29am by wandering mike *

Wandering Mike
My AbueloLoco Blog

Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/12 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes it was the original suspect, a local man in the same area of Alberta, where they found the burnt out Class A.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/12 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No matter how you spin it, there are nationalists everywhere, even here in Mexico some people believe their country is the cat's meow.

Here is a new study released by Stanford and I am sure some will say those at Stanford have their heads somewhere else.

Are Americans safer in Mexico than at home?

As an rver, I hope never have to choose boundaries for my travels. Can't wait to travel Central and South America, Australia, Africa and Asia.

Beats getting up every morning, pouring coffee as I look out the kitchen window pondering about the rest of this great planet. I guess someday we will say, "why travel to the moon when there is plenty to see on our great planet".

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Linda from Canada

Zihuatanejo,Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/12 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the news update. Regarding Zihua & May- we are here until the end of May and return around Sept. 5, so we are now here for 9 months and return to visit family & friends for anywhere from 6-12 weeks, depending on other travel. I couldn't really guess about the actual number of folks who stay here for longer periods, or actually live here now, but we personally know of quite a few- maybe about 50 couples in "our" circle?? For us, our guess is that we will probably "live" here some day, but at the moment we are still enjoying our house that we built ourselves (literally) and are not ready to give that up.

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/12 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Mexico, a dangerous place.

The incident in question happened in Alberta, Canada!

Unless you too are being sarcastic. LOL.

wilfwolf

Atlanta,GA

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/12 12:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexico, a dangerous place.

I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/12 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111 wrote:

No matter how you spin it, there are nationalists everywhere, even here in Mexico some people believe their country is the cat's meow.

Here is a new study released by Stanford and I am sure some will say those at Stanford have their heads somewhere else.

As an rver, I hope never have to choose boundaries for my travels. Can't wait to travel Central and South America, Australia, Africa and Asia.

Beats getting up every morning, pouring coffee as I look out the kitchen window pondering about the rest of this great planet. I guess someday we will say, "why travel to the moon when there is plenty to see on our great planet".

Goes to show you what you can do with sadistics ... I mean statistics, when you really try.

Only looking at his first point.

1. Mexico may be more dangerous than the US overall, but not for Americans.
    According to FBI crime statistics, 4.8 Americans per 100,000 were murdered in the US in 2010. The US State Department reports that 120 Americans of the 5.7 million who visited Mexico last year were murdered, which is a rate of 2.1 of 100,000 visitors. Regardless of whether they were or weren’t connected to drug trafficking, which is often not clear, it’s less than half the US national rate.

In the one case, he considers the murder rate of only Americans in Mexico. In the other case, he assumes that there are no foreigners killed in the US.

Nor does he consider the amount of time a tourist is in Mexico as opposed to being in his home country. That is, it is not obvious to me that a person who is in Mexico for a month, let;s say, has the same chance of being in the wrong place at the wrong time as he would have in his home country for the other 11 months.

To make that point with an analogy. Joe drives 11,000 miles in the US. He drives 1000 miles in Mexico. Where is he more like to be involved in a traffic accident?

Tom

clarlk

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/12 06:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

starting to think you Canadians have a target painted on ya.

mexicoruss

Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/12 04:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111 wrote:

Wheres the "LIKE" button

Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/12 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are insufferable.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Canadian RV'er murdered in Mexico (a lesson in sarcasm)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS