I got this recipe from another forum. I have it in the oven right now. I used one stick(1/2 cup) of butter and honey instead of sugar.
There are a few recipes for Beer Bread out there, but none as simple (3 minutes prep. time) and tasty as this one.. Sensational with soups, salads or just as a snack, but it won't be around long once your family gets a taste of it. Be sure to use a sheet pan or foil under your loaf pan to catch any excess butter that may drip during cooking ( I didn't have a problem with that).
Buttery Beer Bread
3 cups all purpose flour, SIFTED
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1-12oz can or bottle of beer
1/2 to 1 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Mix with beer.
3. Pour into a greased or sprayed loaf pan.
4. Pour melted butter over mixture.
5. Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
6. Updated notes: This recipe makes a very hearty bread with a crunchy buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust (like traditional bread), mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring over the top. ENJOY!
Nice recipe, thanks for sharing. One thing I might add is the wife picked of a box of Beer Bread mix from Trader Joes and it was good too. Just add a bottle of beer to the mix, stir into a dough ball and away you go.