RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Honda eu2000i off Craigslist!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Honda eu2000i off Craigslist!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Jerrybo66

AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/12 10:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

samsontdog wrote:

Jerrybo66 wrote:

Sifter....
And you can sleep at night knowing you TOOK ADVANTAGE OF AN OLD MAN who didn't know the value of his equipment? It's a shame....
Sorry but this old man just had to vent. It's a cruel world out there for us old farts but not this one. I enjoy messing with reticules "offers".. Don't give me any crxp about, he got what he wanted, he was satisfieded. Bottom line, he was taken advantage of....
I hope a number of folks can read this before it gets zapped but I think it's informative to our senior members who I think are a majority in our forums to check the value of their equipmentent sales. I can imagine how it would be easy to just "dump it" if we should lose our travel companion but why let some stranger reap on our loss? .... What else can I say.. ??? IMO..

What a bunch of BS !!!!!

I thank you for such an in depth intellectual response to the subject and may we come in contact for a Craiglist ad. I truthfully enjoy your kind of banter.

Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500

chopshop

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/12 10:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's a smoking deal. I picked a 1000EU honda (2008) model for $200 a few months back, the best deal I ever found on CL. Happy camping with the new genny!

2008 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 29A
3/4 Ton Ford Coversion Van W/Tow Pack.
Wife, (4) Children, (2) Dogs & Myself

BobsYourUncle

Surrey, BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/12 12:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Great deal!

You have me beat - I got my EU2000i off Craigslist for $550. last year. And mine was rather beat up with part of the housing melted near the muffler.

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Duramax / Allison
Fire Red

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

81 Citation 25' "Tail dragger" "Under construction"

"Workin' man's rig"

Bob's Trucks

Check Out My Rebuild Project

Project Feedback

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/12 01:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

samsontdog wrote:

Hey you did good ! I have bought 5 Honda gen on CL, 3 EU2000 and two EU3000.
Still have one 3000 and one 2000 that I payed $300 for but just for the gen as I did not get all the extras that you did. Love CL
And some people just collect stamps...

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/12 01:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jerrybo66 wrote:

samsontdog wrote:

Jerrybo66 wrote:

Sifter....
And you can sleep at night knowing you TOOK ADVANTAGE OF AN OLD MAN who didn't know the value of his equipment? It's a shame....
Sorry but this old man just had to vent. It's a cruel world out there for us old farts but not this one. I enjoy messing with reticules "offers".. Don't give me any crxp about, he got what he wanted, he was satisfieded. Bottom line, he was taken advantage of....
I hope a number of folks can read this before it gets zapped but I think it's informative to our senior members who I think are a majority in our forums to check the value of their equipmentent sales. I can imagine how it would be easy to just "dump it" if we should lose our travel companion but why let some stranger reap on our loss? .... What else can I say.. ??? IMO..

What a bunch of BS !!!!!

I thank you for such an in depth intellectual response to the subject and may we come in contact for a Craiglist ad. I truthfully enjoy your kind of banter.
Really? And you think that because it's not what you would have taken for it, that the OP is "taking advantage" ? That was between the seller and the OP, and you have no clue whatsoever the intentions of either.

I'm glad we're all being watched and judged by others who profess to know better..

nhshep

New Hampshire

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/12 04:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beauty about Craig's list they allow people to make quick cash deals at no further expense. Seller may have needed quick cash or their own personal reason to sell a product. The buyer offered a price which was accepted.

No one blatently takes advantage of senior people more than Governments do regardless of political party. The IRS never lose sleep. enjoy camping -

nhshep

New Hampshire

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/12 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sifter, you found a good deal plus the person you purchased it from got some quick cash in hand for his Ad. I am sure you will enjoy the generator. Everyone reading this thread can probably think of a few good deals in their life when they felt for once they didn't have to pay top dollar. It's a good feeling.

happy camping

BigDaddyHfx

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/12 12:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think anyone took advantage of anyone. It was advertised at at a price reasonable for a used generator. You would expect to be able to haggle over the price on a site like Craigslist.

CincyGus

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/12 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jerrybo66 wrote:

Sifter....
Sorry but this old man just had to vent. It's a cruel world out there for us old farts but not this one. I enjoy messing with reticulesas "offers".. Don't give me any crxp about, he got what he wanted, he was satified. Bottom line, he was taken advantage of....
I hope a number of folks can read this before it gets zapped but I think it's informative to our senior members who I think are a majority in our forums to check the value of their RV equptment sales. I can imagine how it would be easy to just "dump it" if we should lose our travel companion but why let some stranger reap on our loss? .... What else can I say.. ??? IMO..

Took advantage of? Really? Jerry66, your reply is one of the things I find so amusing on these forums. There seem to be people that can find a negative in anything, and you sir, seem to be one in this case. If someone posts something for sale and agree's on a price of his own free will, how is anyone taken advantage of? He could of said, "Your out of your mind, this is a $1000 genny brand new and $500 is a great deal as it is." But he didn't. He had his reasons for letting Sifter have it for $400. Maybe he didn't want to have a bunch of phone calls about it. Maybe the guys filthy rich and just wanted to unclutter his garage. Maybe he wanted to see someone use it that had a family and a camper. Maybe he needed the money very quickly for something else. Maybe there is some other reason. The point is, no one forced this nice gentleman to make that decision. He did and sifter got a great deal and no one should be unhappy about it or think there is anything wrong with it. Anyone that does, including you, is looking for a reason. Change your perspective on things friend and you will be much happier. To go looking for negatives where there was nothing but a happy ending for both of the parties involved says more about you than Sifter.

2011 Silverado Crewcab 4x4
2012 Passport 238ML

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

Sifter

Under a Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/12 09:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jerrybo66 wrote:

Sifter....
Sorry but this old man just had to vent. It's a cruel world out there for us old farts but not this one. I enjoy messing with reticulesas "offers".. Don't give me any crxp about, he got what he wanted, he was satified. Bottom line, he was taken advantage of....
I hope a number of folks can read this before it gets zapped but I think it's informative to our senior members who I think are a majority in our forums to check the value of their RV equptment sales. I can imagine how it would be easy to just "dump it" if we should lose our travel companion but why let some stranger reap on our loss? .... What else can I say.. ??? IMO..

Everyone looks for the best deal possible in whatever they decide to purchase. This applies to groceries, rv's, pieces of property, and any purchase big or small throughout ones life. Would it have made a difference in your response to me if I would have left out the piece that he was an older gentleman? Or perhaps if I said the gentleman was the same age as me, would that have resulted in a different response? If I were explicitely looking to take advantage of or specifically defraud someone, do you really think I'd post it here and brag? Both parties felt like they got a good deal, otherwise, if not, the transaction would have not taken place. To prove this, this gentleman still has an eu2000i, and before selling the second one to me, used them in parallel to power his rv. He bought them both from mayberry's, so he was well aware of their value.

My post was merely to reflect that good deals can be found on CL, not that I somehow took advantage of some ill-informed person.

Have a good day sir.

2007 Fleetwood Terry Resort 240RK
2011 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab Platinum

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Honda eu2000i off Craigslist!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts