|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> I truly believe rescue dogs are thankful

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CapeM1

Cape May,NJ

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/12 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had Molly, our rescue dog, six months today. We took her on her first camping trip last week, from NJ to Tennessee. She did absolutely great. No problems whatsoever. We now call our pick-up the "Molly mobile" because she just loves to jump in and go for rides. She makes us laugh and smile every day and we are so happy to have her in our lives. She always comes up to us and lies her head on our laps. She looks up at us with so much love in her eyes. We have been blessed with having found her and hope to go on many more trips with her.

2010 Rockwood 2607
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Ext Cab

Really

In The Woods

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/12 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my rescue dogs. I could talk forever about all of them, but I'll stick with the one I have now.

My current dog is a big fluffy handsome german shepherd mix who is the gentlest dog I've ever met. He bonded to me within the first few days I had him, and with the possible exception of food, I am his world.

I leash him because I follow the rules, but he's never more than a few feet from me. He tolerates having nightly ear cleanings even though he hates it. He lets the cats slap him and yowl at him and puts up with a lot of kiddie chaos when children visit. He leaves my feral cats alone and has learned not to chase deer or squirrels past his own yard. He walks at a perfect heel and listens extremely well - I can tell him what I want without a word, just a gesture is enough.

He was a stray that ended up in a kill shelter, but was luckily pulled by a rescuer who could see he was a good dog. He came to me at 5 or so years old, emaciated, with old injuries and signs he'd been neglected and confined. He's been with us for a year and a half and I hope we have him for many, many more years.

I love this dog, and I can't believe someone threw him away.

dspencer

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/12 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we found him on the rescue orginization's website and called, they told us they would bring him by but was very upfront that due to his last home he didn't like males at all and just couldn't bond with them. Well we set a time for him to come for a home visit but was afraid it wouldn't work. When they arrived i just sat down in the middle of the floor and she let the little guy loose, he ran right over to me, hopped on my lap and was like i'm home Dad. He is my best little buddy now. We had a few very minor bumps with him getting used to his sister but now they are inseparable, as we call them "partners in crime" and i mean that very sincerely, LOL. What one doesn't think of the other one does.

xteacher

Newnan, GA

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/12 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I totally agree - they know when they have it good! We gave up on boxers after a couple of absolutely miserable experiences. We adopted a Westie/bichon (we're guessing??) mix from the same rescue group we got Potsie from, almost two weeks ago. She was pulled by the rescue the day before she was to be euthanized. Apparently, she was dumped after it was discovered she was pregnant! The next morning, she gave birth to puppies at the foster mom's house! The foster mom said that she was the most awesome mom. After the pups were all adopted out (yay!), then Madonna, who we've renamed Maddie, was put up for adoption.

She has fit seamlessly into our family, and even Potsie likes her and they play well. She had to be spayed a week ago Wednesday after we adopted her the previous Sunday (required by the rescue), and it didn't phase her in the least. She's already back to her normal self.

She KNOWS she's in a good place! She's a happy camper, for sure!

Beth and DH(Joe)
3 Grown, Non-camping children
Rescues: Maddie (malti-poo/westie?) and Sunny (toy poodle)

2012 Aliner Classic
2010 Nissan Pathfinder

Retired Wileys

Lake Jackson, Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/12 06:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I totally agree with your statement about rescue dogs. We have a 14 year old large part Aussie rescue and she needs eye meds twice a day and afterwards she always gives me a sweet lick to thank me. She was turned in when she was 1 for bad behaviour and aggression. For us she has been kind, obedient and a wonderful companion. Age is taking its toll on both of us but we will make the most of our time together.

Herschal & Pam Wiley
2003 2500HD Crewcab Chevy
26H 2000 Prowler LS w/slide

Quartermoon

Houston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/12 01:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rescue is my favorite breed.

2006 Ford F250
2014 Open Range Light 318RL

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/12 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These are all rescued dogs. I have never seen a happier bunch

2012 Ford King Ranch F-350 Crew Cab Diesel
2011 Montana 3580RL
Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama. Others Suzie, Peaches, Hobo, Izzie

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

CND SuperCrew

SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/12 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ya think....LOL

Autumn, rescue collie

Ron, Lori and Autumn
TV 2012 F150 loaded XLT EB SuperCrew 7700GVWR Maxtow 6.5'
TT 2008 Jayflight G2 23FB/ Equal-i-zer WD
2013- CO,WY,MT 5500km 30 nights/season
2012- AB 4000km, 28 nights/season
2011- OR & CA done, 6800km in 3 weeks
Truck & Trailer

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/12 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Look at all those smiles!

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 SD CC DRW 6.7L Diesel Lariat, Hensley BD3 with Ford Under-Bed Adaptor
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, and Missy in spirit), Maggie, and Mica!

dspencer

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/12 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Dixie Flyer, I have read about the wonderful things you and your husband do and it brings me to tears. I have to say i couldn't do what you do because I would have 300 plus dogs in my house! LOL. Seriously though keep up the good work.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> I truly believe rescue dogs are thankful
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS