RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Dutchman brand? Any good?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Dutchman brand? Any good?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
winonamom

Southeastern MN

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/12 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just browsing our local dealer and they have a few brand new 2011 abd 2012 Dutchman Aspen Trail trailers for what seems to be very good prices. $10-15K off "retail" type prices. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on their craftsmanship and quality? Thanks!

ls1mike

Bremerton

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/12 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have not owned one, but have been shopping and I thought they were very nice for the price. Lots of features and fairly attractive.
I was looking at a 2810 BHS and a 3010 BHDS

They both sold quickly! So I am going with a Keystone Sprindale or Passport.

Mike
2002 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0 Crew Cab long bed
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

winonamom

Southeastern MN

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/12 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ls1mike wrote:

I have not owned one, but have been shopping and I thought they were very nice for the price. Lots of features and fairly attractive.
I was looking at a 2810 BHS and a 3010 BHDS

They both sold quickly! So I am going with a Keystone Sprindale or Passport.

Yes, one of them is the 2810 BHS. Luckily it's fairly close so we are able to go check it out.

dbbls

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/12 07:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a Dutchmen and will never own another one. There were numerious issues when it was new. Took about three years to get them all fixed. One major one was the front landing legs. The collapsed. Repaired twice under warranty and once by me out of warranty. Last time I installed two motors and the problem was solved. Many of the problems we caused by the builders at the factory. All of the lug nuts were over torqued and caused many of the lug bolts to snap off when trying to remove the wheels. My dealer no longer handles Dutchmen products because of the delay in getting rembursed for warranty work. Said it took 6 months before Dutchmen would pay warranty claims. Ordering parts was another problem. They never sent the correct part the first time. One time, even after sending a picture of the needed part, they still managed to send the wrong one. I think part of the problem was that Dutchmen was always looking for cheaper parts to use and when they found one they would change parts in the middle of the production year. They did not know which parts were used on a particular trailer. My experence with Dutchmen was not very good.

2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

rgolding

Southern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/12 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We own a 2010 Dutchmen Lite 25C-GS and it is exactly what we have wanted and meets all our needs. You might check out the Dutchmen Owner's Forum and ask some specific questions there. You do realise you are asking one of those
Ford/Chevy questions? ;-)

Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan

2005 ARCTIC FOX 30U "Life's Good!"
2009 Chevy 2500HD Diesel w/ Allison Transmission

robsouth

Metro-Atlanta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/12 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just future reference, it is DutchmEn, not DutchmAn.

"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

eend

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/12 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It realy doesn't matter what you have or looking into getting, all RV's have their flaws, you could have the most expensive RV or a cheap stick build.
When we got our first RV it was a Fleetwood Mallard, it was a entry level, cheaply heavy build and we didn't have a single issuewith it , then we got a little more expensive light weight Flaggstaff fifthwheel, and we got rid of that thing pretty quick as we didn't care for it at all, now we have a Shadow cruiser bumper pull,we love the thing but it has a few minor flaws that I can fix myself or modify.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.0L diesel.
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4
2010 195wbs Shadow cruiser travel trailer.

bcarroll

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/12 09:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a 2012 Dutchmen 275BHS. We love it.
We used it once and took it back in for some warranty items...small things mostly. They are the type of things that could happen to any make or model.

tmprkswyo

Southwest Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/12 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had one quite a few years ago. I was pretty disapointed in it overall. Probably not a fair comparison of todays models though.

exscream

Saint Michael, MN, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/12 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had an Aerolite (by Dutchman) we loved it but had many issues. I was not happy with the dealer's and the manufacturer's responses. I fixed all of the problems my self. Very sloppy built. The stove was at such an angle that you could not fill the pots. All plugs and switches were crooked. This is not a problem, but it shows the craftsmanship.

Opa

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Dutchman brand? Any good?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS