RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RVing in Mexico and South America: In Mexico, Where?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
rocmoc

Southern AZ/Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where would you in an ideal world choose to have a second home in MEXICO, could be anything from RV with palapa or a rental or to stick & mortar? Today's world economic world has opportunities available we will not see again in our lifetimes.

YES, we know some of you who will read this are not interested in Mexico so need to respond & thank you for holding the negative comments.

We are currently watching weather data for Rocky Point & San Felipe. Interestingly, the weather is more comfortable thus far than what we have here South of Tucson.

Other location was El Faro, South of PV.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

gjwarneke

Vancouver, Wa./San Felipe B.C. Mx.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/12 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we have our second place in San Felipe. Love it. Small town and alot of ex-pats from Nov.-April. These days there are alot of people who stay year-round. Including my parents. They workcamped for many years after retirement, then spent 1/2 year in San Felipe and the other half here in the PNW during summer. Now they have AC so just stay south all year.
One big advantage is San Felipe is only a 4 hour drive to Yuma. Friends, grands fly into Yuma, I pick them up and vacation begins. Also go up on occasion for shopping and medical visits.
We also love the rest of the Baja and thats when we take out Jeep and off-road camper and go vacationing south during the winter months.
When we are fully retired 1.5 yrs from now we plan to spend 1/2 year south and other half traveling USA and then will most likely fulltime in Mexico when we are no longer able to pull the 5er around the country.
Hope you get a chance to visit San Felipe "No Bad Days"

robatthelake

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/12 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If We were going to Buy a S&B it would be At or near Lake Chapala . However I would still keep an RV so that I could visit "The Beaches" whenever I wanted.

Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..92 Tracker 4X2

dkilley

Delta, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

North of Puerto Vallarta. La Penita, Rincon De Guayabitos, Lo De Marcos area. Right on the ocean and lots of great people winter here. Close enough to major airport in PV and some great medical care in PV as well.
Good Hunting.

New RV on the way....

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 02:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our favorite of all is Alamos and we came within a pen stroke of purchasing a home there in 2006. An easy drive to shopping in Navajoa and also to the beaches around Huatabampo and Las Bocas. Great weather, too. Prices were reasonable in 2006, so imagine they are even better today. You are just outside the area of owner restriction, so you own the property, not a trust.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2010 Rzr or 2007 Grizzly 450 in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

ecoast

NW NJ's Highlands

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Manzanillo- imagine Cabo 30 years ago...

07 5.9 CTD & 2000 Northstar Laredo TC towing 87 Samurai ORV on dual axle trailer

kca87

La Paz, BCS, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are hoping to close on a house here in La Paz, BCS this next week. We chose La Paz because Baja Sur is very safe, quiet and there are plenty of services available. We also have great health and dental practitioners here - many of whom studied and also practiced in the US and Europe.

We love the Sea of Cortes and all the sea life - we're 40 meters from the water. We can take a 2 hour flight via Volaris to Tijuana and walk across the border to see family in San Diego or drive our RV up Mex 1 and enjoy some great beach camping.

Great discussion you initiated here Rocmoc! And I'm learning so much from other posters about their favorite places in Mexico. Of course we plan to keep our 5th wheel and hope to explore more of Mexico in the future!

Charlene

Ken,Charlene, Cody, and Jake

stanbnv

Fallon NV, La PeƱita de Jaltemba, Nay.

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I agree with dkilley about the Nayarit coast, in a perfect world I would settle in Patzquaro, Michoacan. We plan on spending a week or so there this winter.

Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
04 Laredo 29GS
06 Arctic Fox 245N
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

dkilley

Delta, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have visited all of the places mentioned above and agree they are ALL very very much fabulous places. As you can see there are so many places to choose and each person likes what they like. It would be good if you could travel around a little and explore each one. You will find they are all great, but in order to make an informed decision, you would need to visit as many as you can and make your decision based on what you like.
Safe travels

Turtle-Toad

Wherever I park (orig Kingston, WA. USA)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a Mexican home base I would like to have an RV slab (with H/O) alongside the malecon in Mahahual, QR.

Wouldn't want much more than a slab for my RV; that way I could get out of the way of the occasional hurricane and not worry too much about property loss. Plus I would still want to explore more of Mexico.

For a year-round home for when I'm too infirm to drive, I don't think I've found it yet. I guess I better get busy, it looks like I'm running out of time.

Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS