|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Need a good vacuum for pet hair

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
LongWeekends

Scottsdale, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have two Golden Retrievers with us whenever we travel so obviously we have "fur remediation" needs :-) Normally we just throw the upright vacuum from the house into the storage bay when we head out. I would prefer something a little smaller. However, all the smaller vacuums I have tried just don't cut it for really doing a good job of getting the pet hair. Cordless or rechargeable...I have discovered they don't stand a chance.

I assumed when I did a search that I would come up with a bunch of threads talking about this but I came up with very little. Soooo...any recommendations? Looking for small and powerful. Thanks in advance!

Michael
Just me, my wife, our daughter and our two big, hairy Goldens.
2004 Coachmen Cross Country
370DS - 300HP - 2 Slides

scot-to-rv

Regina

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my dyson, I just bought it at Target, it can be portable, has an extension with small beater bar and can also be used on tile floors. It is cordless so very handy. I have two dogs and it seems to pick up their hair just fine.

WyoTraveler

Northwest, Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/12 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought the Dirt Devil for pet hair. Works quite well. Bought it through Dirt Devil.

2013 Monaco Monarch
2012 Jeep Wrangler
AC6CV, ex-WN8RUR, ex-W8RUR, ex-K7RIO, ex-WB6GBR since 1954
Commercial 1st class Radio Telephone, & Telegraph certificate
ARRL 35 WPM Certificate.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 02:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Per Amazon.com's ratings, the Dyson Animal is top rated for dog fur in carpets on several review sites. but runs a steep $479.00!

On the other hand, the Bissel Pet Hair Eraser hand held at $30.00 gets 500 ratings of 4.4 out of 5 on Amazon.com. Higher than the Dyson!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Cool Canuck

Winnipeg, MB, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/12 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hover Nanolite: This thing SUCKS. Compact and fits in our RV. It's as good as a full size upright. Something like $50.00 at Target. You can't go wrong.

04 Everest 343L
2011 F250 PSD CC

You can lead a horse to water.
You cannot make it drink.

dturm

Munster, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/12 03:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use an Oreck (I won as a door prize many years ago) and it works OK, is light and good for the RV. I probably wouldn't spend that many $$ for one though and would opt for the dirt devil or bissel. We do have a shark with a beater attachment for spot clean ups and it works pretty well for a cordless.

Doug & Sandy
Jill (12yr old Golden)
Henry our camping cat
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After buying about 6 different small size vacuums for the MH and throwing them all out because they couldn't pick up squat off the floor, 4 years later I 'finally' found a good, small, 'powerful' vacuum at of all places Walmart! It's called the Eureka Rally II.

Long cord, small horizontal canister that follows you effortlessly, long conventional adult size wand, retractable cord, foot switches for power and cord and zips around the MH like a breeze AND power enough to actually clean the carpets!
http://www.eureka.com/Canisters-Rally2-980A.aspx

They also make a vacuum called the pet lover that is supposed to be the bomb for pet hair. Never tried it but here is the link.
http://www.eureka.com/en-US/Vacuums/Canisters/Pet-Lover/

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/12 06:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll vote for the Dyson animal also. It picks up dog hair better than any vacuum I have ever owned and I have had many. I have a choc lab and so I bought the Dyson dog hair attachment. my dog sits still while I run it over her back.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/12 05:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for the Hoover nano-light for $50. From a person with 3 long hair Collies. You can't beat it for the money and it does not take up a lot of room in the RV.

drhubka

Grass Valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why carry a big unit in your rig? When we are at home we do the big cleaning with the beater bar. We found an Electrolux ergorapido rechargeable unit. The power comes from a removeable hand vac that fits into the stick vac, and has a beater bar. We travel with A Golden, Poodle/Terrier mix and 3 large Macaws. We have bird dander and dog hair all the time. This stick vac has made life in the 5er. a joy.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Need a good vacuum for pet hair
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS