|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Refrigerator 1200LRIM

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
FL-FishLady

Aransas Pass, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/12 01:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, I looked at the Amish cooling units, thank you for the link! I was told by the tech, that I could replace the cooling unit, but it wouldn't make any difference to my problem of freezing 'fins' and inside sweating. (The box sweats so much, I have to wipe it with a towel or my food gets dripped on.) I've already had the door 'flapper' replaced and the temp gauge too, but that connection from the box to the door isn't working right. I've been told it is producing too many amps and that is why the connection is burnt! So, yes I can replace any number of parts, but it still isn't going to make things right in the end and that is why it is declared UNREPAIRABLE!!!!!

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/12 01:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gale Hawkins wrote:

LTCLarry wrote:

What is this Amish 1200 thing? I thought they only made furniture and RV's.

Larry this is the source. Pines RV Refrigeration of Shipshewana, IN

We went with a remanufactured option in our 1992 6162 Norcold. That is not an option for the Norcold 1200 because that cooling unit new is built too light in design and in the materials use to be safe and long lasting so as to make rebuilding a sound, safe out of the old ones possible in a technical/legal sense as I understand it.

When you look at photos of the Norcold vs. Amish 1200 design you will see the difference at a glance. There are several threads with photos on the forum as well.
Hey Gale, Thanks for the information. I'm going to check that out.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FL-FishLady wrote:

OK, I looked at the Amish cooling units, thank you for the link! I was told by the tech, that I could replace the cooling unit, but it wouldn't make any difference to my problem of freezing 'fins' and inside sweating. (The box sweats so much, I have to wipe it with a towel or my food gets dripped on.) I've already had the door 'flapper' replaced and the temp gauge too, but that connection from the box to the door isn't working right. I've been told it is producing too many amps and that is why the connection is burnt! So, yes I can replace any number of parts, but it still isn't going to make things right in the end and that is why it is declared UNREPAIRABLE!!!!!

Sounds like 'folding' time does it not?

FL-FishLady

Aransas Pass, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/12 01:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr. Scott Blanc suggested I ordered a new 1210 IM Norcold refrigerator from Camping World which I did on June 11. I am supposed to be reimbursed by Good Sam Warranty. It came yesterday and today is the 27th of June and I finally got the refrigerator installed!
Only problem is there isn't any panels on the doors. When I ordered the refrigerator on the internet, It shows a photo of the outside of the unit and it is written under the photo "Comes with black panels for a sleek look". IT DID NOT!!! I called Camping world, they called Norcold and I was told the panels have to be ordered separately.
I ordered the fridge in 'good faith' and 'as advertised' and now I don't feel that I should have to pay extra for something that I was under the impression that "came with" !!

FL-FishLady

Aransas Pass, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping World can keep their sleek black door panels!! I won't pay for something that reads it 'come with'! So, I was able to keep the door panels from my old fridge that I'd ripped photos off and made a mess of when the new fridge came. Got some "Contact paper" and tried to fix the door panels. They look kinda OK, but shiny black would look better. OH, well........

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are your old panels different?

BARW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/12 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you get reimbured for the refrigerator? does the new one work well?

BARW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/12 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we are having similar problems with our 1201 frig. We have had it for a year and it has never cooled well. they have replaced the cooling unit and the burner. Now it doesn't cool at all. It will not run for 24 hours straight. Camping world says they cant do anything until we bring it and have them hook it up and test it for 24 hours. OK well its going on 3 weeks without a frig and we have an appointment for Monday. Then when it codes out with NO CO and they still can't find anything wrong will they replace the frig? we will see. They have gotten nothing but run around from the extended service contract people. They have already spent more than the cost of the new frig and we are out of alot more money ourselveves by staying in hotels, throwing away food and utter frustration with Camping world,extended service contract and Norcold. We have always had Dometic refrigerators and have not had this much problems. If they finally authorize a replacement I'm going to request a Dometic.

FL-FishLady

Aransas Pass, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To answer your question BARW, no, I have not yet been reimbursed. I have contacted Mr. Blanc twice by email and was told he would get in touch with me by phone, but this has not happened as of today Wednesday July 18.
To answer Gale Hawkins, yes, the panels from the old refrigerator 1200 fitted the 1210 perfectly, but when the old one was removed, I ripped photos off the panels covering the freezer part where I had a picture collage of family and friends and in doing so, the paper woodgrain covering was a mess. Besides, remember...the new fridge was coming with "black panels for a sleek look."

I will keep you posted as to how this comes out.

Scott Blanc

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FL-Fish Lady,

We have a few phone numbers for you and have left a voicemail on each phone number. Will you private message me with the best phone number to reach you at?

Scott Blanc
Vice President and General Manager
Good Sam Continued Service Plan
sblanc@goodsamfamily.com

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Refrigerator 1200LRIM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts