|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> what do you do when rv'ing

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
charlysmom&dad

illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/12 05:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another post made me wonder: what does everybody do when the go camping? Except for the winter in Florida, when we go on trips, it's usually to sightsee. We'll spend a few hours seeing whatever it is we came to see, such as a battleground or an old fort or museum, etc. Then we head back to the campground and spend time together without phones etc. just relaxing.
When you take trips, do you sightsee? Or do you spend most of your time at the campground relaxing? Either way, I think it's fun to get away from it all

2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H

Cooksonthego

Plant City, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/12 05:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NOTHING. ...... when we first got the TT my DW asked what were we going to do and I said "nothing". After several trips, she finally wound down and enjoys doing "nothing".

We now go places and walk the pups, hike a trail, fish or ride the bikes OR we may actually do NOTHING!

Using the TT is our way of unwinding and we never really know what we are going to do.

tomkaren13

West Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/12 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also like to sight see and/or just relax.

Be careful tho when asking a question like this. We did once and alot of the answers we got were like its none of your business. Hope you get alot of nicer responses.

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 05:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Relax? If I want to relax I stay home
just kidding, kinda. We go go go while camping. and do a little relaxing at the cg.

depends on our trip. we are beach people. have 3 trips planned, all over 8 days. We will do the beach. surf fish. boogie boards. And all that mess for the day. we love it. then when we get back to the cg we kinda slow down, but that is the time to walk the cg, playground, biking, get dinner and all that. then about 8pm we slow down and relax.

when we do a reg. cg it is probably for a reason. museum, aquarium or amusement park. we would do that and come back and use all the cg facilities. Swim, playground, biking, walking etc. Then slow down after dinner again.

wait, more I type, more I realize we never stop when I hit the beach next week I will make sure I pick some time to relax. No wonder I am so tired when we get back from camping. I never sit.

Johnworth914

USA!

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 06:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like going to sightsee, especially historical sites... Followed by lots of RELAXING!

Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!

Johnworth914

USA!

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomkaren13 wrote:

We also like to sight see and/or just relax.

Be careful tho when asking a question like this. We did once and alot of the answers we got were like its none of your business. Hope you get alot of nicer responses.

Don't understand why some people have to make posts like that. If they truly feel its none of anyone's business, just don't post. No one is forcing any one to give away any secrets.

nohurry

Orting, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/12 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it's a local trip, we spend our time reading, cooking interesting camp meals, taking short hikes and enjoying the slow pace for a few days. If on a road trip, we sight see and try to enjoy the journey as much as the destination by not going to fast, and stopping whenever, and wherever we feel like, often times discovering things and places we had never known about.

Carl
2013 F250 6.2
2011 Jayco 256RKS
Co-pilot-Sharon
Navigators-Missy, and Petey (chihuahuas)

SWD

Land of Living Skies

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last year we did the "Rocky Mountain Tour" to show them off to our adopted German kids (see our post entitled The Germans are coming). That was a lot of work! This year my family are going to a northern Saskatchewan lake,in the bush, with no cell phone coverage or internet and plan to do "nothing". That includes fishing, hiking, kayaking, sitting at the shore watching the sun come up/go down and listening to the Loons, make fires and have fun for 2 weeks! Oh I almost forgot...fighting mosquitos!

hugemoth

Bend

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We fly our powered parachutes early mornings for an hour or two, land and have breakfast, then head out for several hours of exploring on the dual sport bikes. This way we get to know the area by air and by land.

pjhansman

North Eastern Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/12 06:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I go camping to relax. Gets me away from work issues and the endless chores associated with having a house in the country.

My only "duties" when camping involve cold beer, a campfire, and BBQ'ing.

Phil & Rae.....and 2 feline furkids to make travel interesting
2011 Keystone Laredo 316RL
2005 Ford F250 SD, 6L PSD, 4x4
Yamaha EF3000iSE/B Inverter Generator

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> what do you do when rv'ing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts