|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Tell me about the Jayco 26 bh

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Mike Up

NW Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/12 08:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're looking at buying a 26BH from Jayco this weekend. It has been a very hard road to make a deal.

The reason we are is that our 19BH had some hail damage and the insurance check is quite generous. Oh, another reason why we are looking, we had another little one. She's a blessing and sleeps better while camping than at home. Her formula, diapers, bottles, pack-n-play (on dinette) clothes and other stuff take up quite a bit of room. The extra storage and space is a major benefit with a baby! The 19BH did better than we thought, but extra storage for her things would sure make life easier.

The other 3 floorplans that I like are the Jay Flight 25BHS, 28BHS, and Swift 267BHS.

Now the 28BHS offered no more room than the 26BH because it wasn't a full depth slide and wasn't a super width slide. As far as what it offered over the 26BH, it was only a larger galley but was more cramped in the sofa and dinette area since they're so close to one another. Plus you now have the added concerns of a slide and more length. You do have a more private bedroom but this also makes it looked more cramped. We liked the 26BH a bit better.

The 267BHS while a Swift is a bit deceiving. It's basically a standard Jay Flight stripped of standards. When these stardards are added back as options, it's weight is the same as the Jay Flight but it's cost is more. This is one heavy trailer and while it can be pulled by a 1/2 ton truck, that truck better be empty because you'll go over it's payload when adding gear and a family. However this is my "FAVORITE" floorplan out of any. It's huge, roomy, but HEAVY. It's also almost 31' long and is as huge length wise as it is width wise when the slides are out. A lot more trailer than I want when we go to our smaller campsites. This is literally a house trailer or cottage on wheels.

My second favorite is the 25BHS, but it's also to heavy for my truck's payload with the family and gear. This model is the length as the 26BH and is probably the best large TT.

If I can do without a slide, I want to because they are more prone to leaks, seal damage and mechanical troubles.

* This post was edited 07/21/12 09:32am by Mike Up *

2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
29'1" bumper to hitch, 8' wide, 6'9" ceiling, 5050# unloaded and ~6500# loaded.

2012 F150
5.0L, CC, 5.5' bed, 3.73 Locker, 4x4, TBC, 360 Hp/380# Torq, 9300# Tow/1050# Hitch Rating, 1582 lbs payload. Great TV!

Campers and Trucks

EldIr

here

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/12 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've got a 300bh and I wouldn't want to give up that "living room" space having the sofa running lengthwise instead of across. It's usually just two of us, but it's so nice to walk in the door into open space rather than right into the sofa. Unless you're really limited for some reason to the 26, I'd seriously look at a 30. And if you watch tv (which we rarely do) it's nice to have it directly across from the sofa.

'01 Burb 2500 4x4 496/4.10 (3.73 effective w/ new tires)
'94 Jayco 300BH

Mike Up

NW Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/12 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EldIr wrote:

We've got a 300bh and I wouldn't want to give up that "living room" space having the sofa running lengthwise instead of across. It's usually just two of us, but it's so nice to walk in the door into open space rather than right into the sofa. Unless you're really limited for some reason to the 26, I'd seriously look at a 30. And if you watch tv (which we rarely do) it's nice to have it directly across from the sofa.

Go to the Jayco website, there's no such thing as a 30BH, the closest to it was the 28BHS and the Swift 267BHS.

EldIr

here

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn't say it had to be new.

popjim

Baltimore,MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/12 06:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just recently bought a 2012 Jayco 26BH for me and my 2 grand daughters that I take care of and we are in love with this trailer.My oldest is 10 and the youngest will be 2 in september,this is the reasoning behind the choice of the bunks.The interior is nice and roomy enough for my small family and the cabinetry doesnt look cheap as well as the cloth materials doesnt look outdated or cheap either.The refrigerator and freezer are big enough as well as the a/c unit keeps us plenty cool as we have been out during a 102 degree day!!!!I thought dollar for dollar against all other trailers this was thhe best bet for our family situation!!!!!! Good Luck with your decision....

2011 Jayco 26BH

Mike Up

NW Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/12 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

popjim wrote:

I just recently bought a 2012 Jayco 26BH for me and my 2 grand daughters that I take care of and we are in love with this trailer.My oldest is 10 and the youngest will be 2 in september,this is the reasoning behind the choice of the bunks.The interior is nice and roomy enough for my small family and the cabinetry doesnt look cheap as well as the cloth materials doesnt look outdated or cheap either.The refrigerator and freezer are big enough as well as the a/c unit keeps us plenty cool as we have been out during a 102 degree day!!!!I thought dollar for dollar against all other trailers this was thhe best bet for our family situation!!!!!! Good Luck with your decision....

Yeh, and you can buy it as cheap as a high wall Pop Up.

It's amazing that other trailers that are only about 300 lbs lighter, that have laminated walls prone to delamination, can cost $10,000 more just for laminated walls. The Jay Flights are a bargain compared to everything.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Tell me about the Jayco 26 bh
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS