|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford Canada tells me to pound sand

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Engineer9860

Eagle Scout dad

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 04:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ford didn't need a government bail out.

In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 04:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would have at least made a appointment in January to have the local dealer service it - even if it meant dropping it off in 2 weeks for a couple of days.

It is like what is said in the safety meeting - there should be time to do it the safe way, even when that means putting away the 8' ladder and going all the way back to the shop for a 12 foot stepladder. If the guy falls off the top of the 8 foot ladder, will there be time to take him to the hospital? Of course! But by doing it right there is a lot less time used.

You worried about being without a truck for a while, but still it had to be repaired. By waiting until it is out of warranty, that is something that you should have thought about.

To bad the local dealer is so understaffed that they can not get to a repair in a timely manner. One they had it in their shop, they should have been working on it promptly, to get it back in your hands.

Fred.

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 05:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Collin wrote:

Well, not in so many words, but that is the bottom line.
Fact: I phoned my local dealer 3 times in January when a check engine light came on. Each time they were too busy to fit me in, and as I use my truck for work, since there were no drive-ability issues I was told not to worry about it, but bring it in when I can. So fast forward to the beginning of May, the truck loses power, but comes back if I turn the key off then back on. I make an appointment at the dealer, and upon arrival I am told I am 5 DAYS out of warranty. To make a long story short, it was a high pressure fuel pump failure, cab off repair, that took a month to fix between waiting for Ford Canada special warranty approval (denied due to lack of producing oil change receipts)
Repair cost came in at $3000.00 with tax
Truck rental cost for the month another $1000.00.
My truck is a 2008 F450 6.4L diesel with 104,000 km which equates to just over 60,000 miles. My company has previously owned 2 fully loaded F350's. Ford Canada does not care......

I am going to tell you right up front that there are problems with your story.

Did you use a tuner on the vehicle?

Did you remove / tamper with emissions systems?

Did you use unapproved fuels (e.g. biodiesel) or additives?

Do you have receipts for fuel purchased?

What fuel did you buy?

Did you have it regularly serviced? Regardless of receipts?

Was it serviced with Ford filters, approved fluids etc?

Specifically, do you have proof that fuel filters was changed?

Why do you not have receipts proving service?

What is it that you are doing with the truck that is so critical that you cannot take it in for a day when it first happened?

What is on the truck?

Why did it take a month to do the job?

That is highly irregular.

There is something more to this story.

I am not sold that this is a legit case of grievance.

firemedic08

North Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 05:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While i fully believe the OP's Story, Theres always a few Doubting Thomas's in every Crowd, But i would like to hear the answers to NewsW's Question. I have a friend who is a Ford Certified Tech, and he had close to the same issue. His issue was only different in the fact that the Dealer he bought it from finally caved after he pointed out that he had called prior to the Waranty expiring. This was a Ford US Dealer though. (Before you ask, He paid for a new truck and felt that the Dealer he bought it from should fix any issues not him, That is why he just didn't fix it at his own garage that he worked for.)

Donnie
1994 Chevy 2500 Extended cab
1980 sunline,

SWD

Land of Living Skies

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 06:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had my F350 serviced top to bottom and had them resolve a fuel issue just prior to the warranty expiring. A charcol cannister needed replacing however they were unable to get one, it was back-ordered. It wasnt a drivability issue so I kept on driving. It took them almost 3 months before they got hold of the part. It was installed and no charge was made, as by that time I had exceeded my warranty mileage.

dreeder

Castle Rock, Co

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NewsW wrote:

Collin wrote:

Well, not in so many words, but that is the bottom line.
Fact: I phoned my local dealer 3 times in January when a check engine light came on. Each time they were too busy to fit me in, and as I use my truck for work, since there were no drive-ability issues I was told not to worry about it, but bring it in when I can. So fast forward to the beginning of May, the truck loses power, but comes back if I turn the key off then back on. I make an appointment at the dealer, and upon arrival I am told I am 5 DAYS out of warranty. To make a long story short, it was a high pressure fuel pump failure, cab off repair, that took a month to fix between waiting for Ford Canada special warranty approval (denied due to lack of producing oil change receipts)
Repair cost came in at $3000.00 with tax
Truck rental cost for the month another $1000.00.
My truck is a 2008 F450 6.4L diesel with 104,000 km which equates to just over 60,000 miles. My company has previously owned 2 fully loaded F350's. Ford Canada does not care......

Did you use a tuner on the vehicle?

Did you remove / tamper with emissions systems?

Did you use unapproved fuels (e.g. biodiesel) or additives?

Do you have receipts for fuel purchased?

What fuel did you buy?

Did you have it regularly serviced? Regardless of receipts?

Was it serviced with Ford filters, approved fluids etc?

Specifically, do you have proof that fuel filters was changed?

Why do you not have receipts proving service?

What is it that you are doing with the truck that is so critical that you cannot take it in for a day when it first happened?

What is on the truck?

Why did it take a month to do the job?

Also did you hop on one leg while rubbing your belly and chewing gum? Did you look at the new moon over your right shoulder? Did you avoid all cracks in the sidewalk? Most importantly did you purchase the warranty that warranties your warranty?

the_happiestcamper

Mount Pleasant, SC

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 06:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Collin wrote:

You nailed it.
Idiot light never went off, NO drive-ability issues, but I should have insisted they look at it......Problem was they never had time, and I can't afford to be without my truck as it is my work vehicle.
It was only when it actually lost power I took it in, and that was on a Tuesday. If I had only brought it in the previous Thursday, but it was still driving fine.....
On your edit as well, I thought I had warranty til October. My mistake. A very costly one.

Nope - if you brought it in that Thursday, they would've denied the warranty, because you drove it for 5 months with the check engine light on (the onboard computer would let them know that).

Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

Collin

Victoria BC

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NewsW wrote:

Did you use a tuner on the vehicle? NO

Did you remove / tamper with emissions systems? NO

Did you use unapproved fuels (e.g. biodiesel) or additives? NO

Do you have receipts for fuel purchased? Some

What fuel did you buy? ULSD

Did you have it regularly serviced? Regardless of receipts? Yes

Was it serviced with Ford filters, approved fluids etc? Can't tell you if they were Ford or aftermarket

Specifically, do you have proof that fuel filters was changed? No

Why do you not have receipts proving service? Will follow with pictures

What is it that you are doing with the truck that is so critical that you cannot take it in for a day when it first happened? Pictures to follow

What is on the truck? ?

Why did it take a month to do the job? A week to get to the problem, 2 weeks for the dealer to try and get Ford warranty and a week to repair

ib516

Up here!

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Predictably, NewsW thinks that if a Ford diesel broke down, it must have been modified or the owner is lying...

Sorry to hear about your troubles and Ford's warranty claim denial. If you can afford it, you might want to look at trading that 6.4L for a 6.7L Ford, Duramax, or Cummins.

2010 Cougar 322QBS 5er
2001 Dodge 2500 Quad, 4x4, 360 gas, 4.10, auto - SOLD
2002 Dodge 2500 Quad, 4x4, 5.9L CTD, 3.55, auto - SOLD
2007 Dodge 3500 SRW Mega, 4x4, 5.9L CTD, 3.73, auto - SOLD
2014 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.4L Hemi, 4.10, 66RFE auto
- on order

Collin

Victoria BC

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The truck in happier times. I run a small mechanical contracting company. The last 4 years have been VERY tough for construction. But we do good work, and things finally picked up last fall.
On a barge to a private island to deliver materials including job box.
Delivering a see through fireplace to a house under construction. At 47 years of age, I try to get heavy objects as close to the location as possible.

I use my garage primarily for storage, including company documents. Lats year a racoon got in there and defecated everywhere. I took a couple of pictures for tax purposes.

Here I am with full respirator and safety suit prior to doing clean up. Everything went into bags and was sent to a certified shredding company.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford Canada tells me to pound sand
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS