|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> setting up a HTT

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sayby1campers

Rock Hill,SC

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and learned as a couple from day one! Even my 15 y/o daughter can set up our HTT...
She and her friends use it for sleep overs all year long.

DW, DD(10y/o) and CoCo our Sharpei(wrinkle dog)

HeyJude

Emmett, MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/12 01:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too have learned to completely set up HTT. I usually go up on Thursday or Friday and set things up, then he comes up and enjoys a good rest after working all week. By the way, I am in my mid 50's and only 5' tall, it takes a bit to get the bunk ends down, and putting on the PUGs can be a pain, but I learned to do it well.

2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
2013 Keystone Summerland 3030BHGS

kfc

SC

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 04:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we owned a PUP or a HTT I could tow and setup with no problems. Now that we have a TT, I have done everything but tow. I think I could do it if I had to, but DH hasn't gotten up the nerve to let me behind the wheel. I think all women should know how to setup and take down, anything could happen.

drenjoey

Gray, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 03:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm happy I asked the question.

I read a lot of posts stating the man takes care of the outside and the woman takes care of the inside. What if one of us have a broken arm or leg or anything that disable us from doing our share of the set up.
I'd rather ask my DW to do the set up, than going at the front desk asking for help.

YOU GO GIRLS !!
Dre

BZ MAN

Madison, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/12 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every year my DW and MIL take the camper two hours away to Cranberry Fest in Warrens, WI. The first year I gave her a detailed set-up and take down list. She no longer needs the list. The only problem she ran into one year is the ball wouldn't come off the coupler. She had to call me for advice. Other than that she did great, atleast as far as I know. The camper always comes back in piece

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Vortec Max
2015 Keystone Passport 3320BH
2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS - Sold

pookiebear38

Mesquite, TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will be honest... If I couldn't do it by myself, I might miss out on some great weekend getaways. DH is in construction and his deadlines can sometimes coincide with a planned trip. So, he helps me hitch up in the morning, takes my car and I take the trailer to our destination and he joins us later in the evening. I try to make sure that I can get a pull through site because my backing still leaves a lot to be desired (just can't get the hang of it...), but other than that, it's a breeze. I think that I have towed the trailer with his new truck more than he has . I really recommend learning.

Me, DH, DD18, Angel (Dog), Elliott (Dog), and sometimes Kira (Cat)
2005 Jayco JayFeather 23B
2011 Chevrolet 2500 HD

alisa06

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple times each summer it is just me and the kids (15, 13, 12, 9) Usually a several hour drive and then set up. Although I prefer a pull thru site, sometimes it just isn't possible. So the kids are learning what is needed to get me into the site. Most often, before any trip we take, I am the one to hitch the trailer up at the storage lot and bring it home - often times without any help. Just came home from Tennessee with DH and I taking turns driving and even made it around Indianapolis (although I did make him drive the Chicago stretch!)

* This post was edited 06/19/12 06:53pm by alisa06 *

msue

Dallas, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/12 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hook up and drive my trailor and my daughter helps me back it in. I set up the outside and she does most of the inside. We have done the sewer and emptied the gray tank and had a lot of laughs over some embarassing incidences. When I get back home, I really prefer someone else backing the trailer in because by then I am tired.

RustyFairmount

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had my DW hook up the TT tonight. She struggled a bit with the heavy stuff. Maybe there's an electric tongue jack in our near future. But over all she did great. I already have her backing the ball under the hitch, and backing the camper onto the site following my instructions. She's awesome.

NightTraveler

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We travel with 2 kids (teenageers now) and DH and myself. We always do set up and take down together. We often switch jobs so we all know everything. We setup in about 15 min now and it's a good team building exercise. I tow, although I must admit DH drive through Monteal . We travel too many miles a day to have only 1 driver.

Lynn, Bud, 2 teenaged boys
A Husky named Laska
2012 GMC Yukon
2011 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
Our Blog

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> setting up a HTT
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers