|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> ERS Databases & Protocol

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Snarling Dog

Arlington TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/12 10:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On June 13th, I found myself in need of Good Sam ERS assistance. DW and I had left from Gulf State Park in Alabama earlier that day, and were almost to our night destination, when it happened.

As we were driving up the entrance road to Legion State Park in Louisville, Ms, my 1995 Suburban got the hiccups which then went to snorts, then a backfire.....silence.

The bad news...I'm on a uphill grade with both feet on a dead stick brake. The good news... I managed to back it down a bit into a day use parking area that we had just passed, put it in park and set the brake. Since we were still on a bit of an incline, made sure we chocked the wheels as well.

Called Good Sam....about 4:00 or 4:30 PM

A very nice lady asked us how she could help and we explained our situation, asked for a tow truck and for someone to pull our TT to our site.

Alas...we were informed after an hour or so that there was no one available, but the nice lady would call us in the morning if we desired to try to assist us. Hmm....sure...why not.

Set out on foot into the campground and found the park manager's residence. Had a tow truck and pickup truck about an hour and a half later.

This was a bit eye opening and makes me wonder a bit about who is in the databases and what are the protocols? For gosh sakes, (trying really hard to be nice here) GSERS even wanted to take my 1995 suburban to the dealer.

Your on your own.

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/12 10:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the post Snarling Dog. We apologize that we were unable to assist you during your recent disablement. I would like to review this with you. Please send me a private message with your Good Sam information and a phone number that I can contact you at. Thanks, Zach

Snarling Dog

Arlington TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/12 11:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Zach,

Or Marcus,

Really...I do not need a feather smoothing, but I am curious to know what I can and cannot expect from your service.

For example,

Are you only calling service providers that you have contracted or are you calling any provider in the area even if that costs a bit more?

Do you enlist help or input from park managers or owners?

Are there areas that are not covered?

Thanks

Johnworth914

USA!

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 04:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had the same problem with Good Sam ERS in Stanton VA last year. Got a flat on one of my outside rear tires on my classC at about 3:30!in the afternoon. Had to wait till 9 the nest day for GS to get someone out. After waiting for about 2 hours on the side of the road while they tried to find someone, I decided to limp into a nearby CG.

Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!

c3saving

East Coast

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 04:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very interesting. I have read several of these type of posts. We haven't purchased GS ERS, but were considering it. I think perhaps I need to continue to research further other providers.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Absolutely pathetic. Why is poor service so prevalent in this family of businesses? Did the operator seriously think you wanted to sit on the side of the road all night long? Is this really an option?
How about this new business model.. People sign up for GSERS and IF they are happy with the service, they pay AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GSRoadsideAssistance wrote:

Thank you for the post Snarling Dog. We apologize that we were unable to assist you during your recent disablement. I would like to review this with you. Please send me a private message with your Good Sam information and a phone number that I can contact you at. Thanks, Zach

Better yet, why not hash this out here so all your customers can see what GS does to prevent a recurrence of such a monumental failure.

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Snarling Dog, our expectations are generally as high if not higher than those of our members. We expect you to receive quality service in timely and efficient manner with your safety being our primary concern. As a 24/7/365 service, we do not tolerate our members being told that there is no one available to provide service and to call back in the morning. The response you received from dispatch was absolutely unacceptable. We take these types of complaints very seriously and look at them as opportunity to improve upon the service that we provide to our entire member base. Your request for service will be reviewed in detail to determine the root cause of why we were unable to provide you with assistance and the appropriate steps will be taken to correct our failure.

To answer some of your questions, when attempting to find service we contact both contracted and non-contracted vendors, even if that costs more. We do our best to add any non-contracted vendors to our growing network once they provide acceptable service to one of our members. Our dispatch professionals are trained to enlist the help of anyone, contracted or not, who can assist in providing efficient service and help to our members. In addition our dispatchers have access to the same materials that our members use while RVing including the TL Directory, TL Directory Road Atlas and Exit Now. They are required to use all the tools at their disposal to ensure the success of a request for assistance including contacting park managers or owners.

As far as coverage, our programs currently provide service anywhere in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Mexico.

We strive to provide a “zero defects” program to each of our members. We feel that one failure is too many, but are happy to report that we successfully provide service to over 125,000 members every year. We currently have around a 98% success rate in meeting our expectations and strict guidelines. While this may not mean a whole lot to the members that have a bad experience, I guarantee that we make every effort to “make things right” with the member and improve our service. Our goal is to have the best roadside assistance programs in the industry.

The primary reason for my request for your information privately is to give us the opportunity to reimburse you for the out of pocket towing expenses you incurred when we failed to provide you with service. Please let me know if you would like to take advantage of the offer.

Thank you, Zach

homerbw

Galveston

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 12:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marcus,
I have purchased the ERS for the past two years and I happily never used it. We have been traveling without worry because we thought the ERS would be there for us. As you can imagine, my confidence in Good Sam ERS is now shaken because of this report. Just yesterday, because of your attitude toward building a better Good Sam image, I recommended Good Sam and the ERS to a friend entering the RV lifestyle. They purchased it but are not going to look favorably on me or you if this repeats itself during their travels.
Bruce

2000 Pace Arrow Vision 36B, F53, 275hp Triton V10

57 Panhead

Foothills of the Sierra Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

GSRoadsideAssistance wrote:

Better yet, why not hash this out here so all your customers can see what GS does to prevent a recurrence of such a monumental failure.

ABSO-FREEKIN-LUTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired Teamster
2012 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5RLTS
07 F250 PowerStroke
U Y B

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> ERS Databases & Protocol
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance