RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Travel Lite Idea Travel Trailers?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Travel Lite Idea Travel Trailers?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
cougarfan

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a Travel Lite Idea travel trailer? I'm considering the i15 or i17. I can't find any reviews from other owners anywhere on the net. The information on their website is a little thin as well.

It looks like a very nice unit in person and the fit and finish looks above average too, but I'd like to hear from owners on their experiences with the trailer.

Thank you in advance.

Laura

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 11:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe they are all new for 2012. Can't find much info on 'em!

They run $15,000.00 for a brand new model i17 travel trailer from a company that makes truck campers, and has really simple interior. They are a very small company that has been building Truck Campers for 15 years.

But the stuff included "standard with a custom-molded gel coat front cap, high-gloss gel coat exterior, 13' awning, 14" aluminum mag rims, window style air conditioner, molded granicote kitchen counter and table top, dream dinette, and MUCH more."

But what they don't have that most other brands in this price range include as standard.

And note that the i17 model can only be loaded with 575 of cargo. Period! That includes water, propane, food, clothing, camping stuff, kids stuff, etc. Then you've overloaded it.

I'm just thinking there are better buys out there. Like the Jayco Jay Flight Swift 184BH, same 3500 gross weight, but cargo increases to 820 lbs, yet it's longer with much more interior room, 5" lower for better towing, standard microwave, better Jensen stereo DVD, IPod/MP3 stereo, and more.

And it's built by a 43 year old family owned company, the 3rd largest RV Company in North America, and the Jay Flight has been the #1 selling Travel Trailer for 7 years running, and the icing on the cake is the 2 year warranty.

And on RV Trader the 2012 Jayco's run $10,000 to $14,000.00 on dealer lots.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

rgolding

Southern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/12 05:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look for that unsold brand new 2011 or 2012, the 2013's are coming out.

Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan

2005 ARCTIC FOX 30U "Life's Good!"
2009 Chevy 2500HD Diesel w/ Allison Transmission

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Travel Lite Idea Travel Trailers?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: