|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Found a pin hole in the sewer hose

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
the_happiestcamper

Mount Pleasant, SC

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

I don't even remember what brand my hose is, but it's the same one I bought back in 2002 and it's stored in the bumper and only comes out to dump... No leaks or pin holes of any kind.

I know that mine is the one I bought in 2002 - cause that's the first year I needed one, and I haven't bought another. It's just whatever cheap thing they had at the RV dealer.

Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

DavidP

Raleigh

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/12 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bonefish wrote:

DavidP wrote:

westend wrote:

c3saving wrote:

Bonefish wrote:

That is why you carry DUCT TAPE!
Dry the spot and slap a small piece of tape over the hole.

This is now on the must have list!!

I'd try Eternabond. I've repaired a pair of my daughter's rubber boots and a pair of hip waders, besides making my roof leak-proof.

The tape is worth more than the hose

I didn't say to use a roll of it on wrapping the hose. It takes less than a 1/2 inch square to patch a pin hole. Plumbers Goop is good too. Eternabond and goop take time to dry.

One note you might check the inside of the bumper storage area. I found a number of metal burrs that were knocking hole in the hose as I put it in or pulled it out.

Just a bit of humor. Don’t take it literally! Once a hose develops a pin hole or leak IMO it is worth less than that tiny piece of eternabond wrapped around it. Have at it, but I have better things to do than fix sewer hose that is ready for the garbage. In the event a pin hole appears duct tape will hold until replaced or a back up is used. Investing time with goop or eternabond IMO is pointless on a sewer hose.

Good point an watching where you stick that thang. Friction will kill your hose.

To the OP; glad they are standing behind it.

bpounds

Whittier CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/12 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think there might be some exaggeration going on about the stream of poop water. The hose might leak, but it isn't going to shoot a stream at you. There is no pressure on the hose unless you dump uphill.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

joelc

Hubert, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay, want a good laugh. I recently had my 5er serviced and they checked tanks etc. to be sure all was okay. Well, I went camping and at the dump station, as I was taking the cover off the dump tubing I got it all over with you know what. Evidently, the dealer checked the slider rod to the tanks but did not bother to be sure the tank was empty. Well, I found out that they did check, but did not empty.

I'll trade a pin hole leak any day from a full scale assault.

fairfaxjim

Fairfax, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/12 11:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bonefish wrote:

That is why you carry DUCT TAPE!
Dry the spot and slap a small piece of tape over the hole.

From Wd40.com:
•As The Duct Tape Guys say, “You only need two tools in life, Duct Tape® and WD-40. If it’s not stuck and it’s supposed to be, Duct Tape it. If it’s stuck and it’s not supposed to be, WD-40 it.”

Jim & JoAnne
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
2004 Starcraft 11RT (Replaced by)
2011 Eclipse Milan 18CK Travel Trailer

Bonefish

Midland, TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I have had a hose failure it was easier at the time to slap a piece of duct tape on it that drive many miles into town to try to locate another. I am talking emergency repair unless you have one of those Y-connectors like they used in the movie "RV" to splice in where the hole was.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why are you guys even wasting a piece of valuable duct tape on a pin hole?
You got two thumbs don't you? Just use one of them to cover the leak until you're done dumping.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

joelc

Hubert, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 02:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

opnspaces wrote:

Why are you guys even wasting a piece of valuable duct tape on a pin hole?
You got two thumbs don't you? Just use one of them to cover the leak until you're done dumping.

Yeh! Didn't some boy plug a dam with his finger to stop his town from flooding? Just remember where your finger was last.

B's Bunch

Shelbyville, TN. USA Why live any where else?

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found that the small gravel at campsites were putting small holes in my hose. It laying on ground and vibration/weight when I dumped would pinch a hole. Trip to lowes purchased a 4 inch lightweight waste pipe white had them cut it down the middle and in half. This pipe stores inside itself and you can cut it to any length you need to store it but the sewer hose sets in in just fine. No more gravel hole in the last couple years. Worked for me just may work for you and is cheap. Larry

Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T The Double Wide

jaycocamprs

Ringgold Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

Jeez.. What are you putting down the hose, nuclear waste!

I don't even remember what brand my hose is, but it's the same one I bought back in 2002 and it's stored in the bumper and only comes out to dump... No leaks or pin holes of any kind.

I think I got it from Walmart as a matter of fact?

Now, I don't hookup the sewer hose the moment I get into camp and leave it hooked up the whole time... I only hook it up when I need to dump, which is when we are packing up to leave after a 4 day weekend.

It could be that having it out the whole time takes it's toll?? But, after only 3 trips??

Anyway, I wish you luck in your pursuit of another hose that will last longer than 3 trips!

Mitch

Sounds like mine, since I bought it in 04 from Walmart. Looks like he11 but it don't leak, was one of the extra heavy duty kind

2005 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Found a pin hole in the sewer hose
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: