|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Reese Dual Cam and New TT

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
relliott75

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too have the DC but have to use a 3 pound sledge hammer to get the bars off the cams. I think the cams are adjusted too tight and are binding on the 'u' at the end of the trunion. Does anyone else have this problem? The TT tows like a dream, tracks straight as an arrow on the highway and in winds, and yes makes pop noises while turning.

2007 Jayco 29FBS / GVWR 8800
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 CTD MEGACab 4x4 Laramie
Kansas City, Kansas
DW, 2 Kids & 100 pound GSD!

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 11:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

relliott75 wrote:

I too have the DC but have to use a 3 pound sledge hammer to get the bars off the cams. I think the cams are adjusted too tight and are binding on the 'u' at the end of the trunion. Does anyone else have this problem? The TT tows like a dream, tracks straight as an arrow on the highway and in winds, and yes makes pop noises while turning.

You probably have 1200 lb bars. The issue with some of them is the crook is pinched slightly wider than the cams. Simply take a grinder and touch up the sides of the crooks, little spray paint and your issue goes away.

Thanks!

2014 Chrysler Town And Country
3.6 Pentastar V6

"It's Kind of Fun To Do The Impossible"
~Walt Disney~

relliott75

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/12 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jerem0621 wrote:

relliott75 wrote:

You probably have 1200 lb bars. The issue with some of them is the crook is pinched slightly wider than the cams. Simply take a grinder and touch up the sides of the crooks, little spray paint and your issue goes away.

Thanks!

You're right, it's the 1200 bars...I'll look at the edges to see if that's it next time I'm out. Thanks for the note!

mjost

St. Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/12 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I ordered a DC.. I figure worse case scenario, I don't like it, and buy a Hensley, but from reading here, I don't think that will be the case.

Thanks everyone!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Reese Dual Cam and New TT
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS