|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Turtle-Toad

Wherever I park (orig Kingston, WA. USA)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/12 11:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good news, my Border FAQ sticky is finally fixed, thanks to Tom's help in lighting a fire under the people responsible!

So now I haven't got that excuse for not updating it; which I've already started. If anyone has things that should be included, or know of things that should be changed, please let me know.

Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown

kca87

La Paz, BCS, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for putting that all together. I point people to this sticky all the time because they can get all the information in one place quickly and easily!

Ken,Charlene, Cody, and Jake

Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/12 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

couple of things. I have just written a magazine article for RV Snowbirds magazine onthissubject. It will appear in September. I saw 3 or 4 gray areas that I addressed I there,but they seem to vary depending on border officials.

1) Max motorcycle CC that can be added to the main vehicle can be 150 cc or 250cc depending on who you talk to
2) Truck campers are a gray area. some may get a 10 year permit on both collectively, others only 180 days on the truck only.
3) new pet rules state the certificate of health must be no older than 10 days and issued in the country of the owners citizenship. The Spanish and English versions of their website contradict each other on this.
4) it is not permitable to leave Mexico if you have a vehicle in the country on a 180 day permit. I have argued this before,but I actually ran into it last year when my wife tried to fly home. I had to produce the vehicle permit and how her name was not on it, before they would let her board the plane. The fact your tourist card indicates by which mode you entered, tips them off. The incident happened at PV airport. She almost missed her flight as I went back to Tachos to get the permit.
5) I saw a couple turned back because they had no marriage certificate. An ATV was I her name,the trailer it was on was in hers.
6} If any names are on any vehicle registrations and that person I not traveling with you, make sure you have motorized permission to take it into Mexico. Even if its your wife.

* This post was edited 06/29/12 02:12pm by Snow River TC *

Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/12 02:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sorry about the typos, I am using a tab while traveling.going back and editing is tricky.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS