|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2002 Hallmark

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
1mtnman

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/12 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at a 2002 Hallmark Outfitter slide -in truck camper. It appears to be in quite good shape. What specifically should I be looking for other than water damage. The asking price is $7000. Where can I find its real value?

joerg68

Ueberherrn, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 01:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure everything in it works correctly (water heater, heaterm fridge on 12V/110V/LPG,...). Have the seller explain everything in detail and how it works; that way you will know how to use the camper and whether the seller knew how to use it. Look for suspicious DIY repairs and ask how they came to be.

>Where can I find its real value?
Out in the desert.

Sorry, couldn't resist. But really, the price is what the seller and you can agree on. The TC market is fairly small, and a camper that is 2000$ cheaper but halfway across the country from you is really no comparison. Especially if you can not look at it in person.

Good luck,
Joerg

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD + 2011 Outfitter Apex 8

SoCalDesertRider

Arizona desert

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/12 12:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$7K seems like an awful lot for a camper that's 10 years old that wasn't a really expensive top of the line camper when it was new.

05E350 6.0PSD
97F350DRW 7.3PSD 4x4 4.10 11' flatbed
98Ranger
69Bronco ATC250R CR500
20' BigTex flatbed carhauler
Callen Camper

92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6
B&W TurnoverBall, Curt Magnum V
HD Springs Bilsteins,
285/75-16E BFG AT on 16x8 Stocktons
4.56's & LockRite rear

1mtnman

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 05:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the good advise. I will look it over thoroughly early next week. I do live near the Hallmark facility.

waldospa

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 07:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2004 Hallmark Guanella and it has been unbelievably great. Having the service department right here in CO is a huge bonus, and their people are all about taking care of the customer. Andy is the maintenance guy and he does a great job. I could go on forever, I bought mine from them new and they have been watching my back for 8 years now, on a 2 yr warranty. Obviously I am a big fan.

I think the biggest question with any camper in colorado, certainly a pop-up TC, is if it has been stored covered or uncovered when it is not being used and/or any offseason. Uncovered is much tougher on it in terms of snow and solar radiation and you want to check for any signs of water infiltration. The systems are key too (water, propane, electrical).

2005 Hallmark Guanella LX
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

ISBRAM

Denver, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 05:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hallmark and Outfitter are two different Companies’, so I don’t know what model you’re looking at. I would think that the main thing is water damage or evidence of a leaking roof. If it’s a Hallmark it can be retro fitted with their new fiberglass/ carbon fiber roof.
I see your in Colorado, are you close enough to take it to the factory for an inspection?

'99 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins. Roadmaster Anti Sway Bars, Air lift 5000, Stableloads, Bilstein's,19.5 Vision Wheels, 245/70R19.5 Sumitomo ST918
'11 Hallmark Cuchara XL 9.5
If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2002 Hallmark
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS