RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What to do????

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What to do????

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
blangen

South Dakota... and everywhere.

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 01:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

djgarcia wrote:

Jetboater,

When I pull into a RV park I always leave my rig at the registration spot and then walk to actually see the site before pulling into it. If I see the things you are describing, I walk back tell the management to take care of the issues before you pay your money.

X2! I look at several other things, too... like satellite access through the trees, party animals in close proximity, electrical functioning properly. All things are far easier to resolve before moving onto a site.

One more thing to look for after seeing a recent post: Being sure I'm not under a transformer!

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The sites we had in WI were large sites.He didn't want his toad blocking his view from his patio so he thought 5' of our site was good for the front of his car.Also the firepits are set in the ground so no way to move it.
If sites were close I wouldn't of even thought about a fire.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to rethink the CG's you are visiting.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

djgarcia

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the replys.Ya the Jellystone parks are not my favorite places to stay.I would have asked for another site but none were open.IF i ever go back,and thats a huge IF,we found sites on a hill in the woods that offer trees for a little cusion from the neighbors.Far from the lake but i believe it would be a nicer atmosphere.I do like the idea of walking in and seeing before paying.I will start doing that from now on and if nothing works ill just pull out and find someplace else.

Thanks again for all the replys.

RIGHT ON SJONES

Dick
djgarcia1939@gmail.com

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And unfortunately, you can't fix rude/stupid.

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ArcticDodge wrote:

I'd have no problems telling anyone to get their stuff out of MY site. They can grumble all weekend long for all I care.

This is what I would do as well. I don't feel bad asking someone to move if they are obviously on my site, particularly if it is a small site to begin with. They know better, so if they are irritated with my asking them to move, oh well.

I would rather ask that they move then have bad feelings about it all weekend and not do anything.

Jarlaxle

New England

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Honestly...I would worry about coming back to slashed tires, broken windows, contaminated water tanks, or my dump valves pulled.

John and Elizabeth (Liz), with 3 nutty cats
My beloved St. Bernard, Marm, lost him 1/2/12
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

SJones37

Upstate NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks again everyone.from now on we will take a different approach to our camping.I was brought up in a way to turn my head alot of the times and i guess when i was younger it worked.Time has changed and i think people have too.I think i seen in the Jellystone store that a seasonal site on the water was 2400 dollars plus electric so i guess this person thought they would squeeze every inch they could.Oh well its over and done now,leason learned.We will have to find better CGs in the future and hope for the best.All of your comments have helped and will be put to use on our next trip.Might come down to maybe im a boondocking kind of guy.Pack me, the wife,kids and the dogs and find a nice empty quiet place,lol.I can tell you it will not keep us from camping and we will continue to go out and have fun.Sooner or later we will stay next to some great people and that one time will make up for all the bad times.Hope to see some of you on the road,thanx again

2010 1500 Silverado Z71
2013 Forest River Cherokee 245Q

wandering1

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tell them to move off your site. If they dont get the park management to tell them. You are paying for thr space.

HR

doublenot7

Clear Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fla-gypsy wrote:

You need to rethink the CG's you are visiting.

Absolutely, stay at campgrounds, not parking lots. If I can throw a rock and hit my neighbor's TT, then they are too close. (No, I don't actually throw rocks at them).

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What to do????
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS