RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Bigfoot levelers installed in Lakeland,FL

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Bigfoot levelers installed in Lakeland,FL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
darealmccoy

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone had Bigfoot levelers installed in the Lakeland, FL plant? I am going to have these levelers installed on my 2012 Coachmen Concord on a Chevy 4500 chassis. Is the price cheaper in Lakeland than at a local RV dealer? I was thinking it should be cheaper - less or no shipping, less install time, etc.

If anyone has had work done there, I'd appreciate your comments.

Dave

Dave and Anna McCoy
2012 Coachman Concord 301SS
2013 GMC Terrain Denali

Sherwood

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had our levelers installed there. I wanted them installed by their dealer rather than a regular RV dealer so I did not compare prices. I believe I may have saved a little and had them installed by someone who does that all the time.

I would go that route again. It was a favorable experience with the only glitch being that it took longer than we had been told. The owner's helper called off sick that day and the owner did all the work himself, staying late to finish. Very good service.

We chose to not spend the extra money to have them work automatically. I control ours in pairs with a pendant on a cord. The control pendant stores under the driver's seat and I can level from inside or standing outside within a few feet of the driver's door.

We have had them for nearly two years. I wish they had a longer stroke but the frame limits that in the installation. If we are way off level, like a wheel is going to be off the ground, we sometimes need extra blocks under the leveler pads. We use them with the rear wheels way off the ground in order to get the refrigerator level in our steep driveway. Don't usually leave it that way for an extended time, just a few days before a trip to cool and load the refrigerator.

Dennis M M

Geneva, IL; Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had mine installed at Quadra in MI, but a couple of weeks later we had a problem with the control box (which turned out to be a loose circuit board) and, since we were in Fl, we stopped in Lakeland to have it fixed. They were very helpful, dropped everything to make the repair. I would not be worried about having a system installed there.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'11 smart fortwo on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

jcsb

Sharonville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/12 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Big Foot and had them installed in MI. Only mfg plant is MI. FL is a franchise operation. For us it was much less expensive to have installed in MI rather than when we were in FL since Big Foot was offering a 50% discount on install at the MI plant. Even considering the travel from SW Ohio it was a savings. Parked at plant the night before and out before noon.

Jim Hunter

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Bigfoot levelers installed in Lakeland,FL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS