|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Depression after Camping

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
bmet2000

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went out West in 2010 for 21 days and it was awesome! But when we (DW and I) got back home it was like a drug had worn off and we were having camping withdrawls!
Last week we camped 5 nights in the 100+ temps we had here in NC, but we had a great time. And this week we are like zombies looking for our next fix. We want to camp all the time, but we just aren't sure how to make it happen.
So, does anyone else have camping withdrawls when they get back to the 9-5 work week? (or 9-9)

trnfla

Tampa

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can relate... When I sleep in the camper I forget all of my work items and sleep like a baby..

Please say a Prayer for my 5 year old Granddaughter (Discovered she had Leukemia at 9 months), she has been in remission and tests keep coming back clean.

Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW
NiceCamps.com

mking

Indianland,South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep,I feel the pain right now.My job has me blocked out for no vacations or time off till the end of Sept,due to the DNC Convention coming too town.But come Oct. we will be camping!

2006 Dodge Quad-Cab 2500 CTD,4;10 gears,pulling a Forestriver Flaggstaff 831qbss

crickeydog

Marietta, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bmet2000 wrote:

does anyone else have camping withdrawls when they get back to the 9-5 work week? (or 9-9)

Yep! But in 1 year, 8 months & 19 days we'll have a cure for that. It's called RETIREMENT!!! FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!

USAF RETIRED 1992 "EITHER LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUTTA THE WAY":
DEPT OF DEFENSE RETIRED 2014
D/W DEPT OF JUSTICE RETIRED 2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT, AKA: "THE SILVER FOX" & "THE ROAD LOCOMOTIVE"

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRES, 30 SCD 5'ER

Camper JamesB

Wichita

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 03:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you name your TT and TV, you might have a camping problem.

Yes, getting back to real life sucks!!! I would imagine though, as a full timer, the vacation type fun would wear off eventually. If you didn't have a lot of money to travel, it wouldn't be like a nice relaxing vacation anymore.

bmet2000

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crickeydog wrote:

bmet2000 wrote:

does anyone else have camping withdrawls when they get back to the 9-5 work week? (or 9-9)

Yep. But in 1 year, 8 months & 19 days we'll have a cure for that. It's called RETIREMENT!!! FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!

I have about 20 more years before I get to do that dance! I'm hoping to be a mobile installation tech so we can work from the camper if needed.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the same problem. The solution is to start planning the next camping trip as soon as you get home.
It's great that you are having such a good time.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bmet2000 wrote:

We went out West in 2010 for 21 days and it was awesome! But when we (DW and I) got back home it was like a drug had worn off and we were having camping withdrawls!
Last week we camped 5 nights in the 100+ temps we had here in NC, but we had a great time. And this week we are like zombies looking for our next fix. We want to camp all the time, but we just aren't sure how to make it happen.
So, does anyone else have camping withdrawls when they get back to the 9-5 work week? (or 9-9)
I have the same problem, and short of beating my brain out can not find a way to fulltime as my wife or I will have no retirement. I have spent the last year researching and looking for a way to make it doable and have failed. If any RICH campers need a tagalong let me know LOL will

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bmet2000 wrote:

YES!!!!!!! Especially my SO. He gets REALLY down in the dumps when we get back home. Probably because he doesn't like his job as much as I do so it hits him ten times harder when reality sets in and we are back home again.

korbe

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My therapy is to start planning our next excursion, and it also helps to have small projects associated with fixin-up the 5er.

2004 F250 SD PSD
2004 Crossroads Cruiser CF25RS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Depression after Camping
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: