|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Living area modifications

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
cruisinsenior

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 04:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have completed some modifications in prep for 7 week trip leaving next week. The bathroom sink was just too small, so I replaced it with a vessel sink and faucet. Tiled the old one and added a short tile back splash. Since 95% of the time it is just the two of us traveling, decided to replace the couch with two "Euro" type swivel/recliners with ottomans. This will give us more room in the living area. Added some shelves also. Since this MH has to last us a few years, we decided we wanted to be comfortable in our travels.

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you did well - Congratulations and have fun with it!

Full-Timers for 16 Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2014 Chevy Equinox
2004 Jeep Liberty - for our fun

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/12 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

We did about the same thing on our Motorhome too. As soon as we bought our Motorhome, we did an "Inside Make-Over".

We really liked the floor plan on our Motorhome. But we didn't care much for some of the "Colors" and some of the "RV Furniture".

We dumped the Matching Love Seats, than made into a bed. It was god awful just to sit on, let alone to sleep on.

We bought a Pair of Over-Stuffed, Swivel Backed Rocking Chairs. Pure Top Quality of coarse. Each of the Chairs were almost $800 dollars each. The store we bought them from, and have done business with them several times over the years, was going out of Business.

We bought both Chairs, including Sales Tax, for a little over $600 dollars. Now the inside of our Motorhome is the way we wanted it to look.

Its even more "Enjoyable" and more "Comfortable" now, then when it was brand new. It doesn't even look like the same Motorhome inside any more.

Its your Motorhome, so make it any way that suites you. We travel with just the two of us, plus our two "Yorkie" kids.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

Goldencrazy

madison wi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/12 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you replace the counter top where the vessel no sits or were you able to enlarge the hole and set the vessel in it so it is partially sunk into the counter. I am thinking about the same thing. In a BT Cruiser I had we replaced the counter top and added a vessel sink. I loved it for use and look.

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cool post photos!

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

cruisinsenior

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/12 06:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I plugged the hole where the old sink was and then tiled the counter top before I installed the vessel sink. Everything works great except I'm having problems hooking up the water lines to the new faucet. They sprung a leak, but not where everything attaches, but in the original fittings. Not sure how to fix it, but have to get it completed within the next couple of days since we leave Sunday for an extended trip. Once I figure out how to post the pictures, I will. Thanks for all the encouragement.

tmarie416

Trinity, FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are at the point of deciding what modifications will work for us and would love to see some pictures if possible.
Thanks, Tina

Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL

new brunswick

Miramichi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did similar mod by removing chesterfield and replacing with two Euro chairs and I also replaced the booth with a table and two chairs. It made the living area so much bigger and you have the option of moving things around.
Joe

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/12 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic and congrats for taking the initiative to change the layout of your coach to suit your needs, rather than to change your needs to suit the manufacturers opinion of the way the coach should be furnished. There is no need to just "settle."
In our living area, I trashed the uncomfortable and impractical Flexsteel furniture and built an "L" shaped couch that allows us both to sit down, or stretch out and lie down, to relax and watch TV. I put storage underneath the units as well as included built in outlets and cup holders. After the framework was done, I had a local upholstery shop make the custom seat cushions and seat backs, with commercial material that is removable to be washed when needed. Total cost for the two custom couches was less than $700 and it freed up more floor area and provided us with additional storage and comfort.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Living area modifications
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS