RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Generac Generator HELP? Breaker on it won't stay "ON".

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers
Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Generac Generator HELP? Breaker on it won't stay "ON".

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
SuaveGato

Sacramento,Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/12 01:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Folks,
Looking for some more help, P.S. thanks to all who have helped so far with my other posts too! Great people on this site!

I have a recently purchased TC with an approx. 2001 Generac Impact-36 plus with Inverter installed in it. It is an LPG fueled 3400 watt generator with ONLY 2.6 hours on it, but it is in a 2001 TC, so it is somewhat old. It seems to run Great with the following exceptions, looking for advice on what could be wrong?

propane tanks are both full but fuel could be old? Does it go bad like gasoline?
Oil is clean & full

First thing, it is hard starting. Even with the “fuel prime” it takes approx. 5 – 8 attempts to start it before it will finally fire up and stay running, even when it’s warm and has just been run. It will however crank right up with a shot of ether in the intake. Once started it runs smoothly.

It has a double breaker on the front of it, I’m assuming for the OUTPUT of the power it makes, 30AMP I believe? When I flip the breaker to “ON” position, the Generator runs for 2 – 3 seconds, then flips the breaker off. Even with NO LOAD on it, everything in the TC turned off AND or the MAIN breakers in the TC flipped to off. I have also tried it WITH a load, lights, fans etc. on and same result.
<