|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Zodia flea treatment

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Spike88

New Glasgow,Nova Scotia Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/12 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi does anyone know anything about Zodiac flea treatment. A lady in our town used it on her cat and she went blinf and into a coma and passed away.
This lady paid 50.00 for enought for her 3 pets so it wasnt cheap but deadly.
Any knowledge anyone?

Margie UPS~44

Joy

Henderson KY 42420

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How awful for her!! I am not familiar with this product - is it an over the counter item?

Although it may be more expensive, please do not use any pills, treatments, etc., not prescribed by a vet who knows your animal!!! He is familiar with the ingredients in the things he prescribes and knows if it is appropriate for your particular pet or breed or whatever. Some things that are perfectly fine for some breeds are deadly to others.

See ya' down the road!

Don-SCPO USN Ret.Corpsman
Joy-Ret.Off.Mgr.
Maggie-Chihuahua
Chrissie-Chihuahua
Lucy-Jack/Rat
'06 42' Allegro Bus DP
'06 Saturn Vue

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT HOW TO SURVIVE THE STORM BUT HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

dturm

Munster, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/12 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There have been reports of deaths and serious reactions. Some can be attributed to owners using dog products on cats, very big no-no with any flea product.

Do a google search and you'll find lots of web sites devoted to warnings.

One of the problems with getting these products online, from questionable retailers (like flea markets) is that there are counterfeit products out there. Usually it's only water or alcohol in the tube rather that the active product but you just never know.

All the advantage/advantix we use comes directly from Bayer, no intermediate (not even a local distributor) so it reduces the chances of adulteration along the way.

Doug, DVM

Doug & Sandy
Jill (12yr old Golden)
Henry our camping cat
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

MARKW8

Akron OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/12 10:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some treatments shouldn't be used on your dog if there is a cat in the house. They are indirectly dangerous to the cat.

Mark

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/12 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hate using chemicals on my dogs! Dog and cat cancer rates are high enough without adding the additional chemical risks of flea killing chemicals that work by placing mixtures of chemicals inside the animals blood stream.

Google "Diatomacious Earth" and use it safely on dogs and cats, natural, one ingredient, odorless, even can be mixed into food to remove internal parasites, used on carpets destroys flea eggs. Farmers add it to livestock feed. Pest Control companies use it for bed bug infestations.

DO NOT use Ditomacious Earth found at Pool Supply Stores, which is used for pool filters and can have chlorene bleach added.

100% natural, FOOD GRADE is often available from Pharmacys, natural food stores, pet shops, farm supply...it is made from the external skeletons of ancient sea creatures, Diatoms. And is a dessicant which means it kills insects by clogging up their breathing vents, and gets into their joints to stop them dead in their tracks.

Dust it on the animal and rub it into the fur. You can use it on their bedding or carpets, for ticks, cockroaches, ants, etc.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

jjjandrbaker

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/12 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of people in my area use Diatomacious Earth as part of their fire ant control. Supposedly, the razor-sharp dirt causes them to dehydrate by messing with their outer membranes.

One good thing about fire ants? We don't have fleas around here much. Fire ants ate them all!!

Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/12 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

There have been reports of deaths and serious reactions. Some can be attributed to owners using dog products on cats, very big no-no with any flea product.

Do a google search and you'll find lots of web sites devoted to warnings.

One of the problems with getting these products online, from questionable retailers (like flea markets) is that there are counterfeit products out there. Usually it's only water or alcohol in the tube rather that the active product but you just never know.

All the advantage/advantix we use comes directly from Bayer, no intermediate (not even a local distributor) so it reduces the chances of adulteration along the way.

Doug, DVM

Ok Doc, I'll be ordering Calvin's next Advantix round from y'all!

Squonk61

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/12 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have three dogs that are on the upper end of the weight recommendations. I had used Frontline forever even tho i was removing dozens of ticks every season. I got the Zodiac because we live out in the boonies and getting to the vet takes some planning. The dogs have not had one tick or flea this season, remarkable in that they are corgis and run thru tall grass, leaves just about every day. So I'm happy with it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Zodia flea treatment
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS