|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Rejex Protection

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
bobsrvnet

Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good day all, this topic may have been breached before but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with the Rejex protection treatment.

http://www.rejex.com/

I was considering to use on the front of my TT for helping with the bug removal process. I hear it can really make things easier and by simply hosing down with water or with pressure hose to eliminate getting out the scrubbers and extreme elbow grease. Is this really the case?

2002 Peak Manufactured - Frontier Plainsman T27FR
2007 Toyota Tundra TRD SR5 - 5.7L iForce

doctor roy

Mars

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 02:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought some several yearsago to use on my car, did not perform as advertised and did not use it again.

Robin1953

Ashton, WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsrvnet wrote:

Good day all, this topic may have been breached before but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with the Rejex protection treatment.

http://www.rejex.com/

I was considering to use on the front of my TT for helping with the bug removal process. I hear it can really make things easier and by simply hosing down with water or with pressure hose to eliminate getting out the scrubbers and extreme elbow grease. Is this really the case?

I used it on a previous fiver and the decals on the front immediately cracked and curled up. I use Aerospace 303 Protectant now.

2015 Open Range JT337RLS
2011 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

kzspree320

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/12 10:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at the link. This appears to be a polymer finish and looks a lot like Red Max Pro #3 and Zep Wet Look to me. I did not look at the ingredients, so it certainly may not be. I am getting ready to do the Zep wet look on my TT. For an alternative, you may want to take a look at this thread:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24950880/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

I think the Red Max Pro #3 on RVs started because of how well it worked on fiberglass boats. Zep wet look is supposed to be the same product by the same manufacturer. There are other threads on this in these forums. Almost everyone seems well satisfied. May be another option. Takes less than a gallon (under $25). Hope this helps. Good luck.

bobsrvnet

Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/12 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like there is not a huge response on how good or bad this product is. Maybe not too many have actually tried it.

Altern

Home

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 03:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsrvnet wrote:

was considering to use on the front of my TT for helping with the bug removal process. I hear it can really make things easier and by simply hosing down with water or with pressure hose to eliminate getting out the scrubbers and extreme elbow grease. Is this really the case?
We've used Rejex for years and really love the product.
Makes bug removal much easier - gives a nice durable shine too with repeated use..

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/12 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used it on the front cap of my trailer and did not notice any difference from the NuFinish that I usually use. Since the NuFinish is much cheaper I have not purchased any more of the Rejex.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, 7.3L PSD
Visit our website here

chesterb

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/12 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsrvnet wrote:

I'd like to do the rest of the unit. What brand of wax do most of the fiberglass RV'ers use for the sides and rear?

I use Nu Finish all over and am happy with it. I've heard of Rejex but what's the advantage of it?

2011 Dodge 2500 Hemi, Crewcab, 4x4, 4.10
2013 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306

bobsrvnet

Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/12 07:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I spent some time coating the front cap of my TT last evening with Rejex. I found once it dried as a haze it didn't really buff off like regular wax and you could barely see it on the bright white fiberglass I decided not to bother buffing it.

Instructions showed to keep it out of the elements for up to 12 hours which is kind of tough to do without a large storage garage so we'll see. And we did get a good rain early this morning so it had a good 5-6 hours of cure time before the rain.

bobsrvnet

Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I would like to report that after the first application of the Rejex after returning from a long weekend of camping I pulled out the pressure washer and was happy to see the bugs come off without any scrubbing!

I think i'll apply another coat before our next trip as it will be a week on the road before it will get a clean.

I'd like to do the rest of the unit. What brand of wax do most of the fiberglass RV'ers use for the sides and rear?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Rejex Protection
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS