RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Can't get the TV out!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Can't get the TV out!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
don/lou

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/12 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Big Funny Hammer"

Don & Louise
2000 Coachman Catalina 330 MSB /F53
2008 Impala- Remco Lube Pump , Blue OX tow bar & Brake Buddy
Winegard Bell Expressview HD tv
SL3 HD- TV4RV tripod Direct HD or Dish VIP211K / external Hard drive

HEASON

Raleigh,NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/12 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It may be commercial grade Velcro. I found this in a 1998 Pace Arrow Vision. I used a flat pry to gently feel it move.

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PROBLEM SOLVED

I got a piece of steel flatbar 3/16 x 2 x 30 and used it as a probe under the plywood. As I had suspected, there was something holding the plywood to the bottom of the cabinet about center and all the way to the back of the TV. On the living room TV that I took out there were two screws going up through the bottom of the cabinet into the plywood under the TV to keep it from moving in the cabinet. They were in counter-sunk holes with wood plugs to make it look nicer. That was what I expected to find in the BR but there were no screws visable under the cabinet. What I was feeling with the flatbar was obviously a screw, even though there was no trace of it underneath. I placed the flatbar against the screw and using a large hammer kept beating away at it until the flatbar cut the screw! The TV came right out and there was the cut-off screw that had been holding it in the cabinet. After some careful measurements I figured out what had happened.
The washer/dryer is in the corner just to the right of the TV cabinet. There is a small 1/4" quarter-round molding across above the doors on the washer/dryer. That screw was hidden under the small molding!

Now the way I figure it, the guy on the assembly line that day back in 2002 that installed the TV was thinking one of two things.

1. He wanted to do a really nice-looking install and decided to put that screw in to secure the TV and then put the molding on top of it so nothing would be showing under there. Of course, he never considered that some poor MH owner might want to change out the TV sometime in the future and would spend hours of time and just about go nuts trying to figure out why the TV would not come out when there was no visable screw holding it!

2. The boss had been on his case that day and it was payback time! He hid that screw under there and sat back laughing his butt off thinking what I would go through 10 years later trying to get that TV out!

Anyway, it's done! If any of you 2002 Windsor owners ever have a problem getting your BR TV out, just call me! I promise I will NEVER forget how to do it!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

don/lou wrote:

"Big Funny Hammer"

As it turned out, that's exactly what I needed!

theoldman

S.E. Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for you. My Daddy always said " just get a bigger hammer"

'Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today'

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Can't get the TV out!