|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> High end Fifth Wheel trailers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
n7bsn

Yes

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/12 08:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pressure_welder wrote:

i may be bias, but i would look into a left over triple e topaz, or i hear arctic fox is also a good brand. I dont mean to play sides, but look for somthing canadian made. .....

Not that I don't think Arctic Fox is a good rig (I own one), it's solid with little or no glitz. It is, IMO, one of the best value for your dollar rigs out there.

But it is certainly not Canadian made

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Backman

Newport News, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/12 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased a 2012 Sanibel by Prime Time Manufacturing and we love it. The Sanibel is a full time unit as well as a four season unit. They only have a few options (2nd AC, Dual Pane Windows, Fireplace, Full body paint and generator). Everything else is standard, including king size bed, four door dometic refrigerator and 2 year warranty. We own the 3500 and it feels like being at home. It has a 32" tv in the living room, 24" tv in the bedroom and 26" tv outside in the entertainment center. This is a great buy for the money. We looked at many 5th wheels and this surpassed the others IMHO. Although Prime Time is a young company, you owe it to yourself to have a look. Good luck in your search for the best 5th wheel that fits your needs.

Larry and Debbie
2012 Sanibel 3500
"HPY RVN"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/12 10:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gsxrcbrman wrote:

WellI have a couple of new dually's so pullIng won't be a problem. Are the cari-lite trailers a better built trailer than the regular carriage cameo's? Are there any years of the mobile suites that a person should stay away from?

Chris

Not just because we have one but I would only go as old as a 07.5 Mobile Suites. The 07.5 is actually the same as the 08. They did a lot of changes and upgrades at that time compated to the 07 and earlier. We have stayed on ours for 9 months and it is really comfortable.

2011 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually Long Bed, Cummins 350/800 HO, Towin Machine
B&W Companion Hitch, Maghytec Trans and Rear Dif Covers, AMZ/OIL Top To Bottom
2007 1/2 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 27,000# Combined

Us out West

Let's see...last night we stayed in......

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/12 10:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gsxrcbrman wrote:

Hi I am looking at fifth wheel trailers but honestly except for the Drv Mobile Suites and the Carriage line i have no idea what else I should be looking at. Would appreciate any Input from people who know. I want an all season trailer that is built to the same standards and quality of the Drv. Someone has mentioned the Monicos but I have no idea if they are in the same league.

thanks Chris

High end?

Kind of depends how much you want to spend. Do you plan on full timing?

If money is no object and $100k+ is OK then the DRV's and a few others are great.

We looked at many different manufactures and for what we wanted to spend othe Jayco Pinnacle was our choice....quality, floor plan, warranty...and the list goes on for less than $57K.

This is 'high end' enough for us.

Good luck with your decision.

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)

36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

NoLookingBack

Ardmore, Ok

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If not mentioned already, look at Nuwa. They make a very high quality trailer used by many full timers, myself included. They have the prices and options on their web site at 'nuwa.com'. They have both dealer and factory direct ordering and pick up. Much of their quality, as is true with any well made trailer, is below the outside skin. One example is use to the blue Dow foam insulation, a Young's frame and other quality features.

Jim

Ford Man

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The weight is the problem with a Mobile Suites. A friend of mine bought a Mobile Suites and tows with a Chevrolet Dually Diesel and had to add Air Bags and the weight is way too much for his Dually. He was in traffic and a Van stopped in front of him real quick and he did not stop. Damaged the front of his truck and bent the B&W Hitch. He is now wanting to trade the 2012 Mobile Suites for a 2013 Landmark.

Ford Man

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Us out West wrote:

gsxrcbrman wrote:

Hi I am looking at fifth wheel trailers but honestly except for the Drv Mobile Suites and the Carriage line i have no idea what else I should be looking at. Would appreciate any Input from people who know. I want an all season trailer that is built to the same standards and quality of the Drv. Someone has mentioned the Monicos but I have no idea if they are in the same league.

thanks Chris

High end?

Kind of depends how much you want to spend. Do you plan on full timing?

If money is no object and $100k+ is OK then the DRV's and a few others are great.

We looked at many different manufactures and for what we wanted to spend othe Jayco Pinnacle was our choice....quality, floor plan, warranty...and the list goes on for less than $57K.

This is 'high end' enough for us.

Good luck with your decision.

Jayco Pinnacle is a great Unit. We looked at them and did not have a dealer close by that was willing to deal with us. So we went with the 2013 Landmark.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 12:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ford Man wrote:

The weight is the problem with a Mobile Suites. A friend of mine bought a Mobile Suites and tows with a Chevrolet Dually Diesel and had to add Air Bags and the weight is way too much for his Dually. He was in traffic and a Van stopped in front of him real quick and he did not stop. Damaged the front of his truck and bent the B&W Hitch. He is now wanting to trade the 2012 Mobile Suites for a 2013 Landmark.

His brakes probably are worn out or the calipers need to be lubed. I went thru mine top to bottom and found the outside pad was working but the inside was not. I cleaned and lubed the calipers and slide sleves and installed new pads. That thing in tow will stop on a dime, it is amazing!

Your friend's truck should be fine with the Mobile Suites tell him to get the brakes looked at by someone that knows what they are doing.

I know I will offend someone but the Landmark is not in the same division as the MS he just needs to fix his problem.

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm really surprised that no one is suggesting Excel. While I think thier interior decor needs a little updating, I'm very impressed by what I see of them every year at the annual RV show in Tampa. I'd love to have a limited with the fiberglass roof. Phillip

2013 Silverado 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
Jacksonville, FL

Traveler II

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We looked at a lot of them. I didn't want to replace the truck and the trailer at the same time. Based on that we ordered a Carriage Cameo. The model we have was the lightest one that they made. We like it a lot.

2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2011 - 165
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 118

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> High end Fifth Wheel trailers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts